What am I doing wrong in this nodal/mesh analysis problem?

• Thread starter tahayassen
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Analysis
In summary, nodal/mesh analysis is a method used in circuit analysis to determine voltage and current values by creating a network of nodes and applying Kirchhoff's laws. Common mistakes to avoid include incorrect labeling of nodes and not considering all circuit elements. To improve skills, one can practice solving different types of circuits and seek guidance from resources or mentors.
tahayassen
Question and attempt in attachments.

Attachments

• q.png
    q.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 443
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 418
Physics news on Phys.org
You're making a mess by mixing mA with A. Stick to consistent units & you'll be OK.

In your determination of V2 you haven't specified where the "0.6" comes from. If it's from figuring the current through R4 then make sure you've accounted for the units used.

EDIT: Scooped by rude_man!

gneill said:
EDIT: Scooped by rude_man!

As he was by you, several times!

Thanks!

FAQ: What am I doing wrong in this nodal/mesh analysis problem?

1. What is nodal/mesh analysis and how does it work?

Nodal/mesh analysis is a method used in circuit analysis to determine the voltage and current values at different points in a circuit. It involves creating a network of nodes and using Kirchhoff's current law and voltage law to solve for the unknown values.

2. Why do I keep getting a wrong answer in my nodal/mesh analysis problem?

There could be several reasons for this. It could be due to incorrect labeling of nodes or not considering all the elements in the circuit. It could also be due to a mistake in applying Kirchhoff's laws or using the wrong values for the circuit elements.

3. How can I check for mistakes in my nodal/mesh analysis problem?

The best way to check for mistakes is to double-check your circuit diagram and make sure all the values are correct. You can also check your calculations and make sure you have applied Kirchhoff's laws correctly. If you are still having trouble, try solving the problem using a different method to see if you get the same result.

4. Are there any common mistakes to avoid in nodal/mesh analysis problems?

One common mistake is not assigning the correct polarities to voltage sources. Another mistake is not taking into account the direction of current flow when applying Kirchhoff's laws. It is also important to make sure you have correctly identified all the nodes in the circuit.

5. How can I improve my skills in nodal/mesh analysis?

The best way to improve your skills is to practice solving different types of circuits using nodal/mesh analysis. You can also refer to textbooks or online resources for more examples and explanations. It can also be helpful to work with a study group or seek guidance from a mentor or teacher.