What Are the Challenges of Creating a Perpetual Motion Machine?

Bhagesh
How did you find PF?
I was talking about my idea and experiments I am doing on perpetual motion machine as a hobby on chatgpt and it suggested me to share my thoughts and experiment findings on science community, providing me some sites. And I thought PhysicsForum fits my requirements.
Good morning everyone, I am Bhagesh. I had just completed BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application) few months ago. I like learning whatever I get interested in and that becomes my hobbies. My hobbies are game programing, 3d animation, and sometimes working on or experimenting with electronics projects. I myself have negative thinking but want to spread that much positivity so that it decreases my negative thinking. For now I am working on 2 projects or dream projects, that are educational 3d adventure game that teaches subjects visually as well teaches moral values through game story and quests, and is as immersive as normal 3d rpg adventure games. 2nd project I am working/ experimenting on is perpetual motion machine or trying to find the reason, about why its not working in my setup, and then trying to find loophole or simply researching, although I might not be a professional, just a hobbyist. For now I am working alone but would like to hear your views especially on my simple perpetual motion machine finding and thoughts as well learning from you.

Thank you,
Bhagesh

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello and :welcome: ...

... and
And I thought PhysicsForum fits my requirements.
... might change if you take a look at our terms and rules ...
https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-forums-global-guidelines.414380/.

Firstly: There is no such thing as a perpetual motion machine.

It is impossible, not just a lack of knowledge. We know it is impossible. We consider any discussion about it a waste of time for the one who asks, and even more of those who answer.

Secondly: ChatGPT isn't a valid reference for science-related topics.

This is also a fact. AI might be good around the top of the bell curve but new science takes place at the tails of the bell curve and old science requires to see relations, dependencies, history, and range of validity. These are properties that cannot be extracted by statistical means. ChatGPT is funny at best for its absurd answers to specific questions. Furthermore, we do not want to talk to machines.

Our goal is to help students understand science. The versions that are currently taught in universities.

We think that this is hard enough to deserve every possible support, even without dealing with principles that stand against the laws of thermodynamics and statistics. Debunking nonsense is a waste of everybody's time.

Last edited:
Likes renormalize, Bystander, berkeman and 1 other person