What are the voltage ratios in an op amp circuit?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
gfd43tg
Gold Member
Messages
949
Reaction score
48
ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1399692594.248500.jpg


I have to find both of the voltage ratios. This is just ugly algebra. Here is what I came up with, and was wondering if I was correct.
Thanks

ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1399692649.153777.jpg


ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1399692665.489362.jpg
 
Physics news on Phys.org
If the opamps are ideal, they have infinite gain and their inputs draw no current.

You correctly saw that this means R2 is not involved in the analysis, but you failed to notice that R5 is not involved for the same reasons.

You'll need to redo your work with R5 replaced with a wire; no R5, in other words.
 
Is it really that easy?

ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1399705402.263499.jpg


Edit: Wait a minute, I remember the professor saying to never do KCL at the output of an op-amp, I will redo this.
 
Ok here is my next attempt hopefully it's right

ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1399706185.468647.jpg


ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1399706199.284359.jpg
 
I found an algebra error in my Vout/Vin and fixed it

ImageUploadedByPhysics Forums1399709957.638376.jpg