What's on the menu for Father's Day?

• Thread starter gravenewworld
  • Start date
In summary, my dad had a BBQ with his friends and family, my sister walked the dog, and I bought my dad a ruben sandwich from a store in Michigan.
gravenewworld
Me: probably buying some aged steaks from wholefoods and grilling. Cook some corn and make a tomato (which come from the garden in the back yard), basil, and mozarella salad.

Physics news on Phys.org
Nothing. We don't celebrate Father's Day.

The weather looks like crap for tomorrow, so we did a BBQ today with my little brother and his daughter.
natehayley.jpg

My dad was overjoyed!

Just the usual, drinking beer and getting buzzed.

Send him a card. He lives away from me so I don't really get to see him often.

I am driving my daughter to camp in the pines. That will be a nice day. It is always good to get out of the valley heat and into the mountains (it was 106 degrees today).

I'm really glad we had the BBQ yesterday. It's raining steadily today.

I bought him tickets to a baseball game... however I live a few states away so he's going with my mom. Its actually her birthday today too so it all works out nicely :)

I've been thinking about this for a while and I don't have an answer. In fact, my dad just bought ME a laptop for my birthday, which isn't for another 2 months... But I'm going away so he did it now.

I got my sister to go walk the dog with him. She doesn't do anything anymore, and doesn't like going with him. I guess that counts? He was happy when they came back.

I bought my dad a dinner today, Mum as well, and my kids too, so they all had an happy fathers day.

Happy Father's Day to all you PF daddies :smile: !

My family took me to Long Beach Island for steamed lobster.

I thought it was monday today and thought my parents would be up as my sister would be getting ready for school, so on my way to work at 7 this morning I called my dad to wish him a Happy Fathers Day. About 2 or 3 rings in I realized it was sunday rather than monday and he had mentioned he didn't have to go to work today and would probably still be in bed, so I ended up waking him and and felt a bit bad about it, luckily he didn't seem to mind.

What are you doing for dad tomorrow?

1. What is the occasion for tomorrow?

Answer: Father's Day is tomorrow.

2. Are you planning a surprise for dad?

Answer: Yes, I am planning a surprise for dad to make his day special.

3. Can you give me a hint about the surprise?

Answer: I would love to, but then it wouldn't be a surprise anymore. Let's keep it a secret for now.

4. Is the surprise something dad would enjoy?

Answer: Absolutely! I have put a lot of thought into it and I am sure dad will love it.

5. Will the surprise involve the whole family?

Answer: Yes, the surprise is meant for the whole family to enjoy together and make new memories with dad.