Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are you doing for dad tomorrow?

1. Jun 14, 2008 #1
    Me: probably buying some aged steaks from wholefoods and grilling. Cook some corn and make a tomato (which come from the garden in the back yard), basil, and mozarella salad.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2008 #2
    Nothing. We don't celebrate Father's Day.

4. Jun 14, 2008 #3

turbo

Gold Member

The weather looks like crap for tomorrow, so we did a BBQ today with my little brother and his daughter.[​IMG]

My dad was overjoyed!

5. Jun 14, 2008 #4
    Just the usual, drinking beer and getting buzzed.

6. Jun 14, 2008 #5
    Send him a card. He lives away from me so I don't really get to see him often.

7. Jun 15, 2008 #6
    I am driving my daughter to camp in the pines. That will be a nice day. It is always good to get out of the valley heat and into the mountains (it was 106 degrees today).

8. Jun 15, 2008 #7

turbo

Gold Member

I'm really glad we had the BBQ yesterday. It's raining steadily today.

9. Jun 15, 2008 #8
    I bought him tickets to a baseball game... however I live a few states away so he's going with my mom. Its actually her birthday today too so it all works out nicely :)

10. Jun 15, 2008 #9
    I've been thinking about this for a while and I don't have an answer. In fact, my dad just bought ME a laptop for my birthday, which isn't for another 2 months... But I'm going away so he did it now.

I got my sister to go walk the dog with him. She doesn't do anything anymore, and doesn't like going with him. I guess that counts? He was happy when they came back.

11. Jun 15, 2008 #10
    I bought my dad two ruben sandwiches from Zingermans in Ann Arbor Michigan!

12. Jun 15, 2008 #11
    I bought my dad a dinner today, Mum as well, and my kids too, so they all had an happy fathers day.

13. Jun 15, 2008 #12

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Happy Father's Day to all you PF daddies :smile: !!

14. Jun 15, 2008 #13
    My family took me to Long Beach Island for steamed lobster.

15. Jun 15, 2008 #14
    I thought it was monday today and thought my parents would be up as my sister would be getting ready for school, so on my way to work at 7 this morning I called my dad to wish him a Happy Fathers Day. About 2 or 3 rings in I realized it was sunday rather than monday and he had mentioned he didn't have to go to work today and would probably still be in bed, so I ended up waking him and and felt a bit bad about it, luckily he didn't seem to mind.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?