What breed is Duke's new friend?

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Duke
In summary, my wife's co-worker's twin sister's son had to give his dog to her because he and his wife can't have dogs due to the financial turmoil in their state. My wife called me today to tell me that they placed Roadie with a retired couple down the road. Roadie is a long-haired miniature dachshund and we gave the adopting couple a couple of bags of Iams Lamb and Rice formula and some tiny dog-biscuits. When they brought him over tonight, I realized that I had bagged up at least a week's worth of food for that little muffin. Duke is very cute and I know he will love Roadie.
turbo
Gold Member
One of my wife's co-workers has a twin sister whose son had a dog that they picked up as a stray. He and his wife have moved to a place that will not allow dogs (very common situation in our state's financial turmoil) and since she already had a dog and a cat, the extra dog was a bit much for her. My wife called me today about the dog, and we have already placed him with a nice retired couple down the road. The dog is named "Roadie" since he was found out in the road as a pup. As near as I can tell from on-line images, he is a long-haired miniature dachshund. We gave the adopting couple a couple of bags of Iams Lamb and Rice formula and some tiny dog-biscuits. When they brought him over tonight, I realized that I had bagged up at least a week's worth of food for that little muffin. He is very cute, and I know that Duke will love him. He wants to play with the fire-chief's dog and she is a tiny Shi-Tzu that can't weigh more than 2#

Physics news on Phys.org
Awww! That will be good for Duke!

That's nice :)

Post a pic of Duke and his new friend!

drizzle said:
That's nice :)

Post a pic of Duke and his new friend!
I will when I get a chance. Today, Roadie took a couple of road-trips with his new owners to buy a harness, leash, food, etc, and they took off a while ago to take him to his first vet's appointment for a check-up, shots, etc. At a minimum, dogs have to have distemper and rabies certificates before you can register them, and in this area, preventive treatment for Lyme disease is highly recommended.

They are already infatuated with their new dog, so it's going well.

Thats good to hear, I'm glad the pup has a forever home. I'm sure Duke will become best friends.

What does "Duke will have a new friend" mean?

"Duke will have a new friend" means that Duke, who is presumably a person or animal, will be making a new acquaintance or companion.

Who is Duke?

Duke is likely a person or animal mentioned in the context of the statement. More information would be needed to determine exactly who Duke is.

Will Duke's new friend be a person or an animal?

It is not specified in the statement, so it could be either a person or an animal. It is also possible that the statement is metaphorical and Duke's new friend could be an inanimate object or an idea.

When will Duke have a new friend?

This is not specified in the statement, so the timing is unknown. It could be in the near future or it could have already happened.

Why will Duke have a new friend?

The reason for Duke having a new friend is not provided in the statement. It could be due to a variety of reasons, such as moving to a new location, attending a social event, or simply meeting someone new.