What can I do for my further study?

• Thread starter wengsee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Study
In summary, the speaker is studying Applied Physics at a university of technology in China that is ranked around 30th. The school has few famous physicists and poor lab equipment, leading the speaker to believe that they are only studying to pass exams rather than truly learning. The speaker wonders how they can improve their abilities in a competitive society and is advised to evaluate their own growth and motivation in the university. The speaker emphasizes the importance of studying for more than just exams and taking ownership of their own education, even if their teachers are not the best.
wengsee
I now is studying the Applied physics in a university of technology in China,which is not the best university in China ,just rank about the 30th .In our school there is little famous physicist and the lab equipments are so poor.we just study the books.I dare say,we study just for passing the exam ,so the teachers.
In competitive society ,what can I do to improve my ability ?

Physics news on Phys.org
First, ranking isn't the best way of evaluating a university.
You should do your own evaluation: are you growing in that university? Does it keep you motivated? How is the environment? If you aren't growing in there, consider switching.

I've always been at schools who didn't rank so well, however I'd never switch to other school who performs better in rankings. I am sure that being a dedicated person in a not so well-know university is a lot better that being negligent with your studies in the best university in the country.
You should study more. Studying only for exams is a recipe for future problems and kills any differential you may have - especially in a competitive society. You say your teachers aren't good. Well, be your own teacher. Study hard.

FAQ: What can I do for my further study?

1. What type of degree should I pursue for my further study?

The type of degree you should pursue for your further study depends on your career goals and personal interests. It is important to research different degree options and consider how they align with your future plans. Some common options include a master's degree, PhD, or professional certification.

2. How can I finance my further study?

There are several options for financing your further study, including scholarships, grants, loans, and part-time work. It is important to research and apply for any applicable financial aid opportunities to help cover the cost of your education.

3. What are the benefits of further study?

Further study can provide many benefits, including increased knowledge and skills in your field, potential for career advancement and higher salary, networking opportunities, and personal growth. It can also help you stand out in a competitive job market.

4. Can I pursue further study while working full-time?

Yes, many programs offer flexible options for working professionals, such as online or evening classes. However, it is important to carefully balance your workload to ensure you can successfully manage both your job and your studies.

5. How do I choose the right institution for my further study?

Choosing the right institution for your further study depends on your personal preferences and goals. Consider factors such as program offerings, faculty expertise, location, cost, and reputation. It may also be helpful to visit the campus, talk to current students, and read reviews before making a decision.