What car you'd love to drive?

• Thread starter Monique
  • Start date
kk found it.

Here are the stats (that matter) for the '05 Mercedes SLR McLaren:

617 hp coming out of a 5.5L supercharged AMG V-8 engine with 517 lb-ft of torque.

weighs 3748lbs dry, top speed of 207.5mph, (wow) and goes 0-60mph in under 3.8 seconds.

I still much prefer the Enzo.

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Yeah the caparo is 1000 BHP per tonne and 0-60 mph in 2.5 seconds with a mere 2.4 V8 is immense. it can pull over 3g in corners and still achieve over 200 mph with all the drag from the downforce of the wings.

EDIT: It only weighs 500 kilos though and thats where the impressive BHP stat comes from.

Curious3141

Homework Helper
I just test-drove a car I've wanted to drive for a while : an E55 AMG. 470 hp, more than 700 Nm of torque. Not bad, but a bit disconnected from the road. It also felt quick but not mindblowingly quick compared to what I'm used to (but then my daily driver is a fairly heavily modded WRX that's also plenty quick). The slushbox had a fair bit to do with the underwhelming ride, when I switched it to manual mode, it felt a lot better. The handling left something to be desired - the default suspension is floaty, and even the Sports mode felt too soft to my bottom used to stiff racing coilovers. The car was understeery round sweeping corners, but being an auto made left foot braking to control the weight balance very easy.

Overall, this is a luxury cruiser for the road and an Autobahn stormer, not a wild performing stallion for the enthusiast. But I guess that's stating the obvious. It was a cool experience nonetheless. :cool:

Last edited:
That Caparo looks like Crap-aro. :yuck:

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Its an engineering miracle not only interms of the engine but in the fact it takes formula one technology to the road so one can pull 3g turns in corners. Besides it has to look that for the road going vehicle regulations.

I would give anything to have my little red Miata back..... I miss that car!:cry: :cry:
http://www.flyinmiata.com/us/gallery_images/garfmi1.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Kurdt said:
Its an engineering miracle not only interms of the engine but in the fact it takes formula one technology to the road so one can pull 3g turns in corners. Besides it has to look that for the road going vehicle regulations.
It looks like dung.

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well possibly the best performing piece of dung on the road rather than an F1 car. :wink:

Who cares, it looks like dung. And its a $150k piece of dung. No thanks.

I mean, its not just ugly. Its FUGLY, atrocious, hideous. Id rather be taking the special ed bus.

Last edited:

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Well I kinda like it its original if nothing else.

Just look at this:

caparo-rear.jpg

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Dung man!

If you really must go +3g around a turn, then just buy yourself one of these.

1146592514lb.jpg

If you can afford to buy that dungmobile for 150k, you can afford the extra for one of these.....and its only 27k for the one pictured above.

http://www.tatuus.it/HOMEing.htm [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be scared out of my pants trying to pull 3 g's on a road with things such as loose dirt, stones, leaves, ants, ahhh... basically I wouldn't want to do it out there on the road. However, the ability to do it is something special.

i know the new challengers will never replace the old ones. if we didn't have the liberal epa they could put a 450 in it...

I like these as well... took the pic at a dealership in Toronto.

Attachments

rocketboy said:
I like these as well... took the pic at a dealership in Toronto.
Yeah, maserati's are hot!