What Caused the Strange Flash of Light in My Bedroom at 3:57am?

In summary, the conversation is about a strange white/yellow flash that appeared in the person's room and made a sound similar to a digital data stream. They checked their security camera and saw a bright light outside their window, which seemed to have caused the power outage. They also mention that others have witnessed similar lights and have found footage of it online. The person claims to have knowledge in electronics and rules out possible explanations such as a passing car or helicopter. They also mention that the light did not make a sound when it hit the camera, which makes them believe it is not of human origin. The conversation ends with the person mentioning that they have been investigating this for a month and have noticed differences in shadows between the flash and the light that
cjdelphi
(edit.. not the red light, that's my emergency power outage light in every frame, I'm referring to 3:57am and exactly 15 seconds, blink and you will miss it) turn up the volume

Strange white/yellow flash appeared in my room and the sound it made when the light hit my security camera sounded like a digital data stream...

so I checked the camera and yup I was right, a bright light stopped outside my bedroom window and came inside!

video here
I attached the raw video files to this thread but were not accepted as mp4, I googled this phenomena and it seems quite a few have also witnessed this light..

the onboard security camera even heard my wife snoring a second before the power goes out and I notice a flash and whatever made that beam of light took the power out 5 seconds before I saw the flash of light!

no where near a main road, and no transformer in sight

Attachments

• 1646599881482.jpg
    1646599881482.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 1646599887036.jpg
    1646599887036.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 1646599890273.jpg
    1646599890273.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

10x slower, listen to the video!

That's nothing more than a floodlight turning off. Nothing 'alien' about that. The sound could be due to feedback from a power surge that affected the light and the camera at the same time.

Likes davenn
Borg said:
That's nothing more than a floodlight turning off. Nothing 'alien' about that. The sound could be due to feedback from a power surge that affected the light and the camera at the same time.
no, power was out 5 seconds prior, only the camera and emergency light is connected to my battery so it keeps it on...

no floodlights no cars, listen to it carefully you can hear someone snoring ...

the light stops outside my window

and the power never goes out here, 7 years ago was the last time, so yes if it happened at the same time maybe... but it didn't 5 seconds is a long time in the electronics world

I build circuits and write firmware i know...

Borg said:

I confirmed it by looking for others with the same camera like flash and I found them, even someone from this forum...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-194346_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-194346_Samsung Internet.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20220415-194330_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-194330_Samsung Internet.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20220415-194403_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-194403_Samsung Internet.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20220415-194432_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-194432_Samsung Internet.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20220415-194526_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-194526_Samsung Internet.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Screenshot_20220415-194606_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-194606_Samsung Internet.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 78
yes all the lights on at the beginning is it... unless there's a hidden flood light above the tree (there isn't) and if that flood light Carrys a digital data signal and that caused the power to go out and that light was able to somehow move and project through a tree and into a room...

I'd agree it's a flood light lol

You are jumping to conclusions about the origin of the light, what caused it to go out, and the reasons for some electronic feedback. That doesn't fly well on this forum.

Likes davenn
Borg said:
You are jumping to conclusions about the origin of the light, what caused it to go out, and the reasons for some electronic feedback. That doesn't fly well on this forum.
how am I jumping to conclusions I'm telling you I'm no noob with electronics, I know how to build power supplies my own lighting

helicopter would be heard and seen
a meteor would light up the sky (it's dark) the beam moves

show me a light wave controlling the sound by bouncing off of a CCD from a camera, I've beamed sound over laser using amplitude modulation but that wouldn't make the camera do anything...

unless you can?

Your stated knowledge of electronics doesn't prove anything. Just because you've ruled out certain explanations doesn't mean that your logic is correct or prove that the light is of 'alien' origin. I think that it was just as likely a passing patrol car that shined a light on the house while looking for an escaped lunatic. Prove me wrong.

Likes Klystron and phinds
Borg said:
Your stated knowledge of electronics doesn't prove anything. Just because you've ruled out certain explanations doesn't mean that your logic is correct or prove that the light is of 'alien' origin. I think that it was just as likely a passing patrol car that shined a light on the house while looking for an escaped lunatic. Prove me wrong.
easy, non the above makes a sound when it hits the security camera!

further proof...

no way in or out without the camera seeing the light from traffic, watch the video, not possible for it to be a car, maybe something flashing off a satellite..

but even then, NO SOUND is made when a helicopter beam or car headlight beam hits a camera...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-202242_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20220415-202242_Maps.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 80
Your video is only 30 seconds. I claim that the cop was sitting there for a while eating donuts before he shined the light on and off.

• Haha
Likes phinds
Borg said:
Your video is only 30 seconds. I claim that the cop was sitting there for a while eating donuts before he shined the light on and off.
Xiaomi records in 60 second blocks so that's the maximum length video I can upload...

I wish I kept the hours and hours of footage that lead up to this now... but it was kinda like the footage once the power was restored, very quiet, very dead here in South Australia at 4am

no cars, traffic hell I don't think I even seen a cop around here

the camera is sensitive to light even a match would have been seen

You're missing the point. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that it isn't explainable. However, you have to start from facts and not conclusions. I can tell you the exact time and direction to look for a light to appear over your house. Does that make it magic or unexplainable?

hows this? when the power came back on, they turned on the fluro light here and no street lamps kinda similar to the yellow light that appeared but look closely at the 2 images, it's not the same light source...

I've investigated this for over a bloody month now

shadows are different...

Attachments

• 01M40S_1646591500.jpeg
    01M40S_1646591500.jpeg
    90.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 1649855092082.jpg
    1649855092082.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 65
Borg said:
You're missing the point. Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean that it isn't explainable. However, you have to start from facts and not conclusions. I can tell you the exact time and direction to look for a light to appear over your house. Does that make it magic or unexplainable?

whatever made that light took the power out and 5 seconds later did a search beam and it stopped outside my window

call it a cop with a flashlight if that helps you sleep better at night...

• Haha
Likes PeroK
You're still making an assumption that the power outage and other lights are related. The red light looks like brake taillights that got drowned out when the white light came back on.

cjdelphi said:
call it a cop with a flashlight if that helps you sleep better at night..
Perhaps a better title for the thread might be $$unexplained~ light~ phenomenon.$$
Or perhaps $$Flying~ Saucers: ~Theat~ or~Menace?$$

• Haha
Likes davenn and Vanadium 50
hutchphd said:
Perhaps a better title for the thread might be $$unexplained~ light~ phenomenon.$$
Or perhaps $$Flying~ Saucers: ~Theat~ or~Menace?$$

after finding 10 others reporting the same identical thing, I honestly don't know, I just want to vindicate those people who were told they were crazy or it was just electrical interference way after the power goes out...

Borg said:
You're still making an assumption that the power outage and other lights are related. The red light looks like brake taillights that got drowned out when the white light came back on.
the red light IS MY LIGHT it's connected to a 100ah lifepo4 battery ... it's designed to come on when the power goes out..

and that's not what we refer to... it's the white search beam way after the power goes out

I don't see any white search beam. What time and position in the video is that?

Borg said:
I don't see any white search beam. What time and position in the video is that?

3:57am and precisely 15 seconds ...

cjdelphi said:
3:57am and precisely 15 seconds ...

slowed down video...

Thread closed pending moderation.

Thread will remain closed. @cjdelphi -- This is not an appropriate subject for discussion at PF. Your screenshots of old PF posts are from over 10 years ago. We no longer entertain threads like this when there is so little real evidence to go on.

Likes BillTre and Vanadium 50

1. What is the strange light of alien origin?

The strange light of alien origin refers to any type of light or illumination that is believed to come from extraterrestrial sources. This could include sightings of unidentified flying objects (UFOs) or other unexplained phenomena.

2. How is the strange light of alien origin different from other lights?

The strange light of alien origin is different from other lights because it is not easily explainable by natural or man-made sources. It often exhibits unusual behavior, such as sudden movements or changes in color, and cannot be attributed to any known technology or natural occurrence.

3. How do scientists study the strange light of alien origin?

Scientists study the strange light of alien origin by collecting data through various methods, such as observations, measurements, and experiments. They also analyze and interpret any evidence or reports related to the phenomenon. However, due to the elusive and unpredictable nature of this phenomenon, it is difficult to conduct controlled and repeatable studies.

4. What are some possible explanations for the strange light of alien origin?

There are various theories and speculations about the strange light of alien origin. Some people believe it could be a form of advanced technology from extraterrestrial civilizations, while others suggest it could be a natural occurrence that we have yet to understand. Some also propose that it could be a hoax or misinterpretation of known phenomena.

5. Is there any evidence to support the existence of the strange light of alien origin?

While there have been numerous reports and sightings of strange lights that are believed to be of alien origin, there is currently no concrete evidence to prove their existence. Many scientists remain skeptical and continue to search for more conclusive evidence through rigorous research and investigation.