1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What do most CAD engineer's advance into?

1. Apr 11, 2008 #1
    I am graduating next month with a B.S. degree in Industrial Technology (not engineering); most of my coursework consisted of 'production planning', 'cost analysis', a few math courses, an algebra based physics course, electricity fundamentals, and my electives (total of 122 credit hrs). Did some Ironcad/Autocad/Rhino3d as well. GPA should be about 3.1 cumulative.

I have accepted an offer with a company to re-design components for mining and construction equipment, they are training me on SolidWorks and PRO/E for a few months and then I begin my remodeling work (good 50k+ salary in the Midwest too!). I understand that since I did technology and had only one calculus class that I cannot become a PE, which can limit my promotions within the company and this industry.

What can someone like myself do to create more opportunity for advancement/growth in the CAD industry? MBA for engineering management? Do you forsee CAD work being outsourced in the future like programming is today?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted