What do you write with/in and how?

In summary: On the other hand, I have always been a bit of a messy writer, and the gridlines on the back of the Engineering Pad make it much easier to keep everything straight.
Vannay
Every once in awhile I'll change my writing set up to use thicker lead, differently lined paper, type of notebook, etc. I never seem to be satisfied with anyone of them and it can be a hassle trying to keep everything in one place if they're all in different formats.

At the moment, I'm writing on loose graph paper I hole punch myself. It has 5 squares per inch so it's a good bit dense. I might change to 4 squares per inch. I'm not sure I dig the vertical lines but I like not having any distinguishing areas on it like the red lines down notebook paper. It seems more freeing to me for some reason.

I'm also playing with writing with thicker 0.9mm HB lead from a mechanical pencil. I tend to be a hard writer and it has been the most comfortable. It also shows up quite well on graph paper.

Writing on the back side of the paper is getting more painful to me for whatever reason too. Just so much neater with only one side written on but... the environment. D:

How do you write? Take notes? With what?

Likes S.G. Janssens
Physics news on Phys.org
Have you tried the light green "Engineering Pad"? It has 2-D gridlines on the back, so they are less obvious on the front, but you can still see them well enough to do graphing and write in straight lines...

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71i2tYvmnmL._SY355_.jpg
71i2tYvmnmL._SY355_.jpg

Likes S.G. Janssens
Vannay said:
How do you write? Take notes? With what?
With a fountain pen on the back of failed single-sided print-outs or just on empty sheets (both plain A4 copying paper). If I really want to keep something for the long run, I usually write it down in a ##\LaTeX## file.
berkeman said:
Have you tried the light green "Engineering Pad"? It has 2-D gridlines on the back, so they are less obvious on the front, but you can still see them well enough to do graphing and write in straight lines...
This is amusing (and reassuring in a way), because while observing from a distance I always supposed that you would work exclusively on tablets, digital blackboards and the like.

Likes berkeman

1. What do you write with?

As a scientist, I write with various tools such as pens, pencils, and markers. However, the most common tool I use is a computer. I type my research, experiments, and findings using a keyboard and store them digitally.

2. Do you write in a specific format?

Yes, as a scientist, I follow a specific format for writing research papers and articles. This format is generally determined by the publication or journal that I am submitting my work to. It typically includes sections such as abstract, introduction, methods, results, and conclusion.

3. Do you write in a specific language?

The language I use for writing as a scientist is typically English. This is because it is the most widely used language in the scientific community and allows for easier communication and collaboration with other researchers from around the world.

4. How do you incorporate data into your writing?

As a scientist, data is a crucial part of my writing. I use charts, graphs, and tables to visually represent my data and incorporate them into my research papers and articles. I also include statistical analysis and interpretations of the data to support my findings.

5. How do you ensure accuracy in your writing?

Accuracy is essential in scientific writing, so I take several measures to ensure it. This includes citing reliable and reputable sources, using precise and specific language, and having my work reviewed by other experts in the field before publication. I also make sure to double-check my data and calculations to avoid any errors.