What engineer would be involed in this?

• Thread starter namwob
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineer
In summary, the conversation discusses various aspects of engineering related to boats, including the design of the hull and the role of different types of engineers, such as ocean engineers and naval architects. The conversation also mentions the potential involvement of mechanical engineers in various systems on a ship, including pumps, fluids, and structures.
namwob
Well first off this is my first post and I'm a first year engineering student. I've always loved boating and stuff like that and was wondering as to what kind of engineer would be involved in the desin of the hull and the boat as a whole. Not so much the materials but like the shape and maybe the tower on a wakeboarding boat? I've just been thinking about some possible things I'd want to do when I get out of school.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Some schools have ocean engineering programs.

- Warren

would a mechanical engineer work on a boat other than its engine?

Oh heck yeah. As MEs, we deal with pumps, fluids, thermodynamics, structures...you name it. Think of any system on a ship and an ME could be part of those who developed it. Even in electrical systems.

cool! Thanks guys!

1. What kind of engineer would be involved in building a bridge?

The type of engineer most commonly involved in building bridges is a civil engineer. They are responsible for designing, constructing, and maintaining various types of infrastructure, including bridges.

2. What engineer would be involved in designing a new car?

The primary engineer involved in designing a new car would be a mechanical engineer. They specialize in the design and development of mechanical systems and components, which are essential in creating a functional and efficient vehicle.

3. What type of engineer would be involved in creating a new software program?

The engineer who typically works on creating new software programs is a software engineer. They are responsible for developing, testing, and maintaining software applications that meet specific user needs.

4. What engineer would be involved in designing a new skyscraper?

The type of engineer involved in designing a new skyscraper is a structural engineer. They specialize in the design and analysis of structures, including tall buildings, to ensure they are safe, stable, and able to withstand various environmental forces.

5. What type of engineer would be involved in developing a new prosthetic limb?

The engineer who would be involved in developing a new prosthetic limb is a biomedical engineer. They are responsible for applying engineering principles and techniques to solve medical and health-related problems, such as designing and developing prosthetic devices.