What is the meaning of a collinear photon in Quantum Electrodynamics (QED)?

• Thread starter ndung200790
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Photons
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of collinear photons and their relationship to stimulated emission. Collinear photons are photons that travel in the same direction and reinforce each other. The symbols p^{+}, p^{-}, and p_{\bot} are also mentioned in the context of this concept. The speaker also mentions a connection to quantum electrodynamics (QED) at high energy levels.
ndung200790
Please teach me this:
What is collinear photon (emission)?I do not understand why call ''collinear'' photon.
Thank you very much for your kind helping.

Physics news on Phys.org
I am not sure of the the context of your question. If you are asking about stimulated emission (lasers), then the stimulated photon goes in the same direction (reinforces) the stimulating photon, so they are collinear.

In this case,the photons related with the p[itex]^{+}[/itex],
p[itex]^{-}[/itex] and p[itex]_{\bot}[/itex] .

ndung200790 said:
In this case,the photons related with the p[itex]^{+}[/itex],
p[itex]^{-}[/itex] and p[itex]_{\bot}[/itex] .

Could you define these symbols?

Thank you very much for your kind heart.Now I have realized the singularities because ''collinear'' photon meaning scattered angle of photon equal pi in QED at very high energy.

FAQ: What is the meaning of a collinear photon in Quantum Electrodynamics (QED)?

1. What is the definition of collinear photons?

Collinear photons are a pair of photons that travel in the same direction and have the same frequency and wavelength.

2. How are collinear photons different from other types of photons?

Collinear photons are unique because they have parallel paths and identical properties, whereas other types of photons may have different paths, frequencies, or wavelengths.

3. What is the significance of collinear photons in physics?

Collinear photons are important in many areas of physics, including quantum mechanics, particle physics, and optics. They are used to study the behavior of light and to understand the fundamental properties of matter.

4. Can collinear photons be created or observed in a laboratory setting?

Yes, collinear photons can be created and observed in a laboratory through various methods, such as using lasers or in certain types of experiments that involve the emission or absorption of light.

5. Are collinear photons only found in nature or can they also be artificially produced?

Collinear photons can be found in nature, such as in the form of gamma rays emitted from radioactive elements. However, they can also be artificially produced in laboratory settings through various techniques and technologies.