What is the difference between smart phones

• Thread starter yungman
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difference
In summary, the main difference between the J3, J6, and other phones is the CPU. They may have the same model, but the J3-V has a better CPU.
yungman
I just got into smart phones, what is the difference between say Samsung J3, J6 or others? I know even in J3, they have different models like the latest is J3-V. The same question can be asked about I-phone 5, 6, 9 and others.

Is J3, J6 equivalent to CPU like I3, I5 and I7? Is the different models on J3 is like different generation of I3. Like you can have I3 CPU, but the 8th generation is better than the 4th generation etc.?

In another words, they will still come out with newer J3 like they will come out with the 9th or 10th generation CPU I-3.

Computer science news on Phys.org
You can find some good info on phone brands and their various specs on Wikipedia.

Vendors are constantly improving phones with more function, better battery usage, lighter, cheaper, and better reception. They don’t alway succeed on each front but try to beat the competition.

Notice more function competes with better battery usage as does cheaper, lighter and the other constraints. Vendors must balance these features to win over consumers.

yungman said:
I-phone 5, 6, 9 and others.
Here's a table comparing iPhone models from the 3GS onwards:

http://socialcompare.com/en/comparison/apple-iphone-product-line-comparison

[added] Note that there's no iPhone 9. Apple jumped straight from the 8 and 8 Plus to the X (10). They wanted to market the X as being "revolutionary."

Last edited:
yungman. Small variations in performance aren't really relevant.

The big decision is Apple vs everyone else running Android.

Android devices are less expensive for a given level of performance. But you pay with your information.

Apple is a device manufacturer that makes its money selling pricey gadgets.
Google is a software and advertising company that makes its money giving you software in exchange for the right to mine your usage info.

For me there is no comparison. I pay more for iOS.

From CES in Vegas this week:

appletakesas.jpg

Attachments

• appletakesas.jpg
    appletakesas.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 643
donmei said:
yungman. Small variations in performance aren't really relevant.

The big decision is Apple vs everyone else running Android.

Android devices are less expensive for a given level of performance. But you pay with your information.

Apple is a device manufacturer that makes its money selling pricey gadgets.
Google is a software and advertising company that makes its money giving you software in exchange for the right to mine your usage info.

For me there is no comparison. I pay more for iOS.

From CES in Vegas this week:

View attachment 236923

Doesn't Apple use Google for its cloud services anyways though? If you store your information on the Apple Cloud...you're really just using the Google Cloud aren't you?

I don't put anything worth anything in my phone, I put my play email on it. I have Discord video chat, Ring doorbell but with wrong address. I don't do banking, stocks on the phone. The phone has no information on me. I don't serve internet on the phone.

No Amazon or ebay, no paypal. Never use the phone to log in all these. Would never buy anything through the phone.

Likes Tom.G

What is the difference between smart phones?

Smart phones are mobile devices that offer advanced computing capabilities and connectivity beyond traditional cell phones. They typically have larger screens, more storage space, and the ability to run various apps.

What makes a smart phone "smart"?

A smart phone is considered "smart" because it can perform functions beyond making phone calls and sending texts. It can access the internet, run apps, and perform various tasks that were previously only possible on computers.

What are the main features of a smart phone?

The main features of a smart phone include a touchscreen interface, internet connectivity, app store access, camera and video capabilities, and the ability to make phone calls and send texts.

What is the difference between a smart phone and a regular cell phone?

A regular cell phone is primarily used for making calls and sending texts, while a smart phone offers additional features such as internet access, app functionality, and multimedia capabilities.

What should I consider when choosing a smart phone?

When choosing a smart phone, consider factors such as the operating system (iOS, Android, etc.), screen size, storage capacity, camera quality, battery life, and price. It's also important to consider the brand's reputation and customer reviews.