What is the magnitude and direction of vector c

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
torresmido
Messages
20
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Vector A points to the right with magnitude 10 m/s, and vector B points upward vertically
with magnitute of 15 m/s. What is the magnitude and direction of vector c such that A+B+C=0

Any ideas on this problem are appreciated..

Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution

 
Physics news on Phys.org
A+B+C=0

(A+B)+C=0

Find A+B and then to make it zero C would be in the opposite direction of that resultant
 
I can do that, but I'm confused about one thing.
When they that the vector is pointing to the right, does it mean that its direction is 0 degrees from the positive x-axis or its direction is some angle between the the x-axis and the y-axis?
 
Well I assuming that it is in the direction of the positive x-axis, else they would have specified the angle(not zero) to which it acts.