What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 766K views
Nice image
main-qimg-2f1e7aa159edb70e1716f71867e6835f-mzj.jpeg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre
Physics news on Phys.org
Kind of weird that suddenly raw sugar has a sweetening effect to my taste buds. After I had started using Splenda, Equal, nothing else worked as a sweetener.
 
ergospherical said:
you can buy tea that tastes like toast and jam from tesco
How about one tasting like eggs and bacon?
 
ergospherical said:
that's distusting
Well, they have ice cream in all sorts of I usual flavors: black bean, potatos, etc. , so it seems like the next step.
 
I remember the grimace I elicited in this Brit when I told him I drink my tea iced, instant Lipton, with two Splenda. But I do put my pinky sideways while drinking it.
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and Keith_McClary
Weird how my Android phone charging time doubled when I charged while the phone was off. From an average of some 170 minutes with phone on, " standard"; 140 minutes on and airplane mode, to 280 minutes when the phone was off. ?
 
WWGD said:
Weird how my Android phone charging time doubled when I charged while the phone was off. From an average of some 170 minutes with phone on, " standard"; 140 minutes on and airplane mode, to 280 minutes when the phone was off. ?
That’s when the intelligence agencies are scanning your phone.
 
caz said:
That’s when the intelligence agencies are scanning your phone.
It's such an absurd outlier. Maybe I'll take more accurate data to estimate the variability ( which had been small) , since this seems like a ##5\sigma##+ deviation.
 
WWGD said:
It's such an absurd outlier. Maybe I'll take more accurate data to estimate the variability ( which had been small) , since this seems like a ##5\sigma##+ deviation.
Some phones will only do automatic backups when plugged in and with access to wifi. I am not sure if this occurs if they are off.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
ergospherical said:
you can buy tea that tastes like toast and jam from tesco
They should just call it toast jam.
 
caz said:
Some phones will only do automatic backups when plugged in and with access to wifi. I am not sure if this occurs if they are off.
I could try to test by tracking battery use but it seems hard to control for variables affecting it.
 
Wifi settings answered my question on a Topology problem: Open, Connected ?
 
Datsun? Is there any other sun, aka, Dissun?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Bystander
if lectures are online again next year then I'll probably jump out my window
wonder if I can go a whole two years with no proper friends at uni :-p
 
ergospherical said:
if lectures are online again next year then I'll probably jump out my window
wonder if I can go a whole two years with no proper friends at uni :-p
We hope you'll restrict your jumping to the virtual realm.
 
I was getting strange looks when I was telking someone how great the show " Burn Unit" was. Then I saw the add for ..." Burn Notice". Miss the show.
 
Quick poll: what's been the best TV show of 2021 so far? Options:

A. Clarkson's farm
B. Clarkson's farm
C. Clarkson's farm
D. Clarkson's farm

 
ergospherical said:
Quick poll: what's been the best TV show of 2021 so far? Options:

A. Clarkson's farm
B. Clarkson's farm
C. Clarkson's farm
D. Clarkson's farm


E. Clarkson's Farm
Though I don't even own a TV.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ergospherical
A worrisome post modern trend " It is obviously true, no need to bring up statistics nor studies to verify it".
 
WWGD said:
A worrisome post modern trend " It is obviously true, no need to bring up statistics nor studies to verify it".
I rest my case.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur
fresh_42 said:
You mean I should have written "Q.E.D." or what I favor "Q.E.E."?
No, I don't know what your point was, nor even whether you agree or not.
 
WWGD said:
No, I don't know what your point was, nor even whether you agree or not.
You have proven your own statement.
 
fresh_42 said:
You have proven your own statement.
Ah, sorry, I bet self-reference. It reminds me of A bizarre meta- exchange in which someone claimed " There are no true general statements", to which other party replied " That is a general statement". Then it was adjusted to: " Only true general statement is that there are no general ones". Then he was asked to show the latter was consistent.
 
fresh_42 said:
You have proven your own statement.
Got It. Sorry, just had my first caffeine today ;).
 
Before looking up the lyrics:
" I barely knew your lover, baby"

Lyrics:
" I never was your mother's favorite"

Hey, I got one word right!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary