What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 760K views
WWGD said:
Is it reasonably under control?
10530_2019_1983_Fig2_HTML.png
685 × 688
 
  • Informative
  • Wow
Likes   Reactions: nsaspook and dlgoff
Physics news on Phys.org
WWGD said:
Seems to have somewhat stabilized since 2004, but it did seem pretty bad back then.
IIRC The testing we did was in 2009
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD
dlgoff said:
IIRC The testing we did was in 2009
How about a massive BBQ, with one of those on a spit? Should be able to feed like 50 people?
 
WWGD said:
How about a massive BBQ, with one of those on a spit? Should be able to feed like 50 people?
I think I'll pass. :oldruck:
 
WWGD said:
How about a massive BBQ, with one of those on a spit? Should be able to feed like 50 people?
One thing is for sure: we cannot speak of spare ribs anymore in that case.
 
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: dlgoff
Is this behavior unique to Pigs/Boars? I have heard of feral cats, but AFAIK, it is a minor, local thing, not packs of wild cats traveling along whole countries?
 
fresh_42 said:
Nope. It is called Columbian exchange.
Pablo Escobars roaming wildly?
 
WWGD said:
Pablo Escobars roaming wildly?
Rather fruits and bees, and potatoes on the other side of the pond.

Edit: Is it Columbus exchange? I mean Columbus didn't exchange. Not even his incapabilty to navigate.
 
fresh_42 said:
Rather fruits and bees, and potatoes on the other side of the pond.
I was thinking more of packs of wild animals running around. Sort of like those in spring break ;).
 
At any rate, one of my dreams was to have an animal made out of spare ribs you could eat and each time you took one, another rib would grow to replace it.
 
Still brutal , the quarantine, for coffee-shop hangers like myself. Seems Starbucks has become a take out-only chain.
 
Re random, just learned the accents on Czech letters are called diacritics. But I am too lazy to find out the name of the slashed lines in some Polish words.
 
Site for filling surveys for pay seemed like a fun way of making money until I computed it came down to around $2.50 per hour on average. I think I will pass.
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary
No, I believe it's spelled subdued, not subdude. A subdude is someone not good-enough to be a dude, I believe.
 
Clearly, every dude is its own subdude o0)
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Rive
nuuskur said:
Clearly, every dude is its own subdude o0)
I am often overdude. :confused:
 
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur
nuuskur said:
Clearly, every dude is its own subdude o0)
Depends on the choice of embedding.
 
Will out my goid clothes ob and go shower now that Belinda is free and worth $65 billion.
 
People who's names give them a head start in IT: Dev ( India) and Wotech ( Poland).
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary
" Why are vectors used in Physics"

Because new ones are not available?
 
WWGD said:
" Why are vectors used in Physics"

Because new ones are not available?
The new ones go into the video game industry for their vector graphics. They pay better.
 
So I was, out of curiosity, looking into what particle physicists do and right out the gate, where or how the hell do they (have the time to) acquire all the necessary math to understand things like tensors, vector fields, covariant derivative and yadayada.. How?! HOW?!

Here's the next wonder of the world - a grad student studying particle physics!
 
nuuskur said:
So I was, out of curiosity, looking into what particle physicists do and right out the gate, where or how the hell do they (have the time to) acquire all the necessary math to understand things like tensors, vector fields, covariant derivative and yadayada.. How?! HOW?!

Here's the next wonder of the world - a grad student studying particle physics!
I knew a physics grad student in HEPTH.