What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 757K views
ergospherical said:
At home I make scrambled eggs for my dog for breakfast as well 😋
Scrambled eggs are ok. It's the beans and sausages that I fear.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
ergospherical said:
At home I make scrambled eggs for my dog for breakfast as well 😋
Me too. And I don't even have a dog!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42
ergospherical said:
Why do you fear beans and sausages?
I mainly fear spiders, and mercury poisoning, and aggressive horses.
Nothing I would like to see on a breakfast table. And the sausages are suspiciously red.
 
I suspect fresh's dog is upset about rugby. His team went to Tolouse to lose.

Right fresh? Das gas mit der dog?
 
WWGD said:
I suspect fresh's dog is upset about rugby. His team went to Tolouse to lose.

Right fresh? Das gas mit der dog?
He went to Paris to meet to-lose and lost. But it was an awful match. Not a single try except that they managed to move one scrum across the line.
 
fresh_42 said:
He went to Paris to meet to-lose and lost. But it was an awful match. Not a single try except that they managed to move one scrum across the line.
Strange that my first association of Scrum is with Agile, not Rugby.
 
WWGD said:
Strange that my first association of Scrum is with Agile, not Rugby.
The German word is far better: Gedränge = hustle / crush as on Black Friday Sales.
 
fresh_42 said:
The German word is far better: Gedränge = hustle / crush as on Black Friday Sales.
For Rugby or for PM?
 
fresh_42 said:
For Rugby.
Ultimately never heard about the reason why your dog can't eat sausages and beans. Gas?
 
WWGD said:
Ultimately never heard about the reason why your dog can't eat sausages and beans. Gas?
We like it sweet at breakfast. My dog stays away from English hotels. I only wonder why they call their breakfast continental. I have never seen such a selection of food on the continent.
 
fresh_42 said:
We like it sweet at breakfast. My dog stays away from English hotels. I only wonder why they call their breakfast continental. I have never seen such a selection of food on the continent.
What is it they eat? Tomatoes with beans ob toast and eggs? Maybe @ergospherical can tell us?
 
WWGD said:
What is it they eat? Tomatoes with beans ob toast and eggs? Maybe @ergospherical can tell us?
sumabeans.jpg
 
ergospherical said:
I just checked the time and realized I've been listening to Christmas songs for over two and a half hours 🧐
If it was this style ...

then it is ok.
 
ergospherical said:
Nah I'm talking full on Mariah Carey level stuff, I can't even remember how I ended up on this playlist :oldconfused:🎅
When anything by Carey or Bieber is playing dogs around start their massive howling.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: ergospherical
WWGD said:
When anything by Carey or Bieber is playing dogs around start their massive howling.
It is a shame. Bieber is (of) Celtic (origin).
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: ergospherical
fresh_42 said:
It is a shame. Bieber is (of) Celtic (origin).
Not hip to your quip. How is his being Celtic relevant here?
 
WWGD said:
Not hip to your quip. How is his being Celtic relevant here?
One is a douchebag and the other one a warrior. it does not match.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: ergospherical
I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like, got to be green, got to be mean, got to be everything more why don't you like me, why don't you like me, why don't you walk out the door

[my reaction when I've only had this new account for a week and @fresh_42 has already given me 4 infraction points 😥... is this Stockholm syndrome? 😜]
 
ergospherical said:
I could be brown, I could be blue, I could be violet sky, I could be hurtful, I could be purple, I could be anything you like, got to be green, got to be mean, got to be everything more why don't you like me, why don't you like me, why don't you walk out the door

[my reaction when I've only had this new account for a week and @fresh_42 has already given me 4 infraction points 😥... is this Stockholm syndrome? 😜]
2+2. And I changed your title four(!) times before we found a compromise. I find that was cheap.
 
ergospherical said:
Yeah but what sounds sexier, M-theory (😑) or Mmmmmmmmm-theory (🥳)?
I haven't counted them, but I hope it was 11 'm' the first time. :cool:

Fact is, that the titles are subject to search engines, so icons, smileys, and other oddness disturb the finding process. We have had reports (in both cases) from (more than one) member who complained about 'jokes' on a title in the serious technical forums. We have such a nice word in German that seemingly has no English counterpart (at least my dictionary as well as Wikipedia has no counterpart): 'Welpenschutz'. It describes the fact that puppies enjoy special protection and must not be overly rebuked. We use it for any newbie situation, and since you are now at the old, most honourable University of ... you may have lost your puppy protection. Nevertheless, have a look at your profile.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Frabjous and ergospherical
dlgoff said:
What's with all the dang Medicare benefits TV commercials? :oldconfused:
Funny, I was just talking to a neighbor about this. She said, just call the local SSA office to get started. They will make you an appointment and then help you thru the process. The commercials are for people who can't look up phone numbers, don't have a cell or a computer, can't read, etc. They get the same benefits but they need help navigating the system.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Astronuc and dlgoff