What is the newest installment of 'Random Thoughts' on Physics Forums?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Random Thoughts
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
11,071 replies · 761K views
A sequel to the "milk with porridge" question. A friend of mine commented that my eating of a piece of salmon without first removing the skin was "f*cking weird", despite my never having being urged to do so for any piece of fish in my life. It seems akin to peeling off the crust from bread - far too much effort, and in any case it's actually quite nice. Thoughts?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Always wondered on a bigger -picture/connection in the UK: Francis Bacon, Lord Hogg and, of course, all the hams. Hogg, Ham and bones.
Screenshot_2022-01-13-23-59-03.png
 
I frequently get some ads on FB from a burger restaurant in town. The burgers always look great. Today I had the chance to have a look at the actual real-world restaurant. Well, my appetite all of a sudden went south, far south.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Borg
fresh_42 said:
I frequently get some ads on FB from a burger restaurant in town. The burgers always look great. Today I had the chance to have a look at the actual real-world restaurant. Well, my appetite all of a sudden went south, far south.
How far South? Antarctic burgers? Maybe polar bear patties?
 
WWGD said:
How far South? Antarctic burgers? Maybe polar bear patties?
Far enough so that I couldn't see what they were doing. However, it's not a big loss. They support the wrong soccer club anyway.
 
A neighbor was helping her friend (surname Haag) think of baby names. I suggested Harley.
 
WWGD said:
How far South? Antarctic burgers? Maybe polar bear patties?
That would be pretty far south (doubly south?) as I think polar bears habitat is the Arctic.
 
valenumr said:
I think polar bears habitat is the Arctic.
I wonder where Cartesian bears live?
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, InkTide, Keith_McClary and 1 other person
DrGreg said:
I wonder where Cartesian bears live?
Cartesia, obviously.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: InkTide, valenumr and DrGreg
valenumr said:
That would be pretty far south (doubly south?) as I think polar bears habitat is the Arctic.
Ouch. You're light right. Polar bears indeed live in the Arctic.
 
Last edited:
So the challenge is to store and warm up a sandwich in a microwave; only means of cooking available. So I left it out and wrapped it in paper, which will likely absorb some moisture. Then I break it in half before putting it in the microwave so the energy will spread through each half. Anything else?
 
Sandwich experiment a success. No soggyness of bread and overall great taste.

And I learned a bit of trivia in the process. Nicolas Carnot's last name is a generic one for anyone not owning a car.
 
Seems so much easier to get wound up and going than to wind down.
 
Is It Weird That I Prefer "Working" w/ Members of Opposite Sex More?

By working, I mean both professionally and in just every day life situations involving a little bit of extended relational interaction (e.g., a physical therapist, a tutor, a gym trainer, and the like). It's not that I have any problems with same-sex/gender individuals - none at all. It's just that I usually (90% of the time) have more chemistry for some reason when working with people of the opposite sex.
 
kyphysics said:
Is It Weird That I Prefer "Working" w/ Members of Opposite Sex More?

By working, I mean both professionally and in just every day life situations involving a little bit of extended relational interaction (e.g., a physical therapist, a tutor, a gym trainer, and the like). It's not that I have any problems with same-sex/gender individuals - none at all. It's just that I usually (90% of the time) have more chemistry for some reason when working with people of the opposite sex.
I too prefer dealing with women of the opposite sex.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Hamiltonian and kyphysics
WWGD said:
I too prefer dealing with women of the opposite sex.
Any reason you know why? It's hard for me to identify reasoning...I just know it's true for me.
 
Last edited:
In case physicsforums needs to up its security, this recently showed up in my twitter feed. :-p

1642706005380.jpeg
 
Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Falgun, WWGD, Wrichik Basu and 4 others
kyphysics said:
Any reason you know why? It's hard for me to identify reasoning...I just know it's true for me.
Maybe just having grown up with two brothers. Maybe just the change of scenery.
 
My system query to information_schema.schemata:

What schemata U? What do you think you do?
 
Now it's a matter of not mixing up the almost-anagram names ' Celeste', and ' Estelle'
 
I hate it, when I am only interested in the second game. Twice. Don't they know how late this will be over here?