What is the resulting current in a series circuit with a resistor and capacitor?

  • Thread starter Thread starter patep023
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Current Impedance
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 2K views
patep023
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
I have solved it (:

Homework Statement


Ir=Impedance of a resistor = 330
Ic=Impedance of a capacitor=318
V= Sinusoidal Voltage = 240 V (RMS) is applied across the series combination.
calculate the resulting current.

Homework Equations


Not sure

The Attempt at a Solution


I am really not sure how I would work out the resulting current.
Answer
I = 250/sqrt(330^2+318^2)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have solved it (:
Well done.
Please help others by explaining how you got the answer.
 
yes, sorry it's supposed to be 240 not 250. I am not sure what its phase is