Aq psm said:
Its area is dia is 880mm and I also want to know that, at 50 amps & 250 vdc, is it going to lift 1 ton at the height of 20 ft?
The diameter of 880 mm is about 34 inches, so I would expect a safe current of only about 20 amp.
At 20 amp I would expect it to lift a maximum of 350 kg flat steel plate, 200 kg of thick small scrap steel or 150 kg of steel turnings. Under ideal conditions with care, it might possibly support a 5 tonne flat slab of thick steel.
At 50 amp it would hold about twice that, but the duty cycle would be significantly limited due to heating of the coil. You can destroy the magnet by overheating it. I would say that it will NOT reliably lift one tonne of "heavy" "in-size" scrap.
It will lift scrap up 20 feet, but you must contact and work the scrap to attach it. The height it will lift is not a function of the magnet. Height is determined by the lifting device, crane or excavator.
Take care not to drop scrap from high up on nearby workers while turning the excavator or stopping the crane. Remember that a momentary power cut can drop the load at any time.
The numbers I have given are reasonable values for a typical application. I do not guarantee your magnet will lift that weight of steel, or be safe while doing it.
The magnet heating, turn on, and turn off cycle time will depend largely on the design of the current controller employed.
For examples see;
http://www.ohiomagnetics.com/our-products/magnet-scrap-handling