Medical What is this brain scan called?

  1. When I was younger, I had a test taken where I had to lie down on my back and have this thing placed on my head (there were tubes or wires or something on it) and told to stay still for about 20 minutes. I would close my eyes and I would be racing through (at seemingly high speeds) a bunch of bright shapes. Does anyone know what this scan is called? It was pretty cool.
  2. jcsd
  3. Math Is Hard

    Math Is Hard 4,635
    Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

  4. Tsu

    Tsu 528
    Gold Member

  5. Tsu

    Tsu 528
    Gold Member

    Since it was that long ago, I'm thinking it was (more than likely) an EEG, since according to the Wiki article "most legitimate use of TMS in the USA and elsewhere is currently being done under research protocols approved by hospital ethics boards and, in the US, often under Investigational Device Exemption from the FDA."

    Did you read the article I linked to see if the procedure sounded like what you described?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thead via email, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?