Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is this in power transformer 60 MVA

  1. Nov 8, 2015 #1
    Dear all, hi

    what is this pipe thing in new transformer 60MVA and what is its use. ?

    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2015 #2


    User Avatar

    It is a wire conduit connected to a junction box at the top
  4. Nov 9, 2015 #3
    The radiators -heat exchangers- are not in place. The pipe could be the oil filling or filtering connection to the filling-or recirculating pump. It could be also a connection from oil circulating pump to the radiators.
Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook