Win an Argument Quickly: Remove the Right of Reply

• Thread starter RingoKid
  • Start date
In summary: It's clear you don't have anything of value to add, and your presence only serves to bog down the conversation.
RingoKid
...the quickest way to win an argument ?

remove the right of reply...

What the hell was all that about in the karmic thread Tom and Jerry ? A cartoon ?

Tom raises a whole bunch of assumptions on the nature of God based on flawed western interpretations equates it to karma in a haphazard fashion to prove karma and God cannot co exist and then Jerry stomps in and closes the thread just when it was looking promising.

Where is the evidence of claims made ? where is the open discussion ?where is the valuable insight to be learned ?

This is exactly what I was talking about as being the flaw and you proved it. "Do as I say not as I do" based on what ? A superior set of morals ?

NO ! more like power tripping and butt covering. Tom covers Hypno's butt and Jerry covers Tom's.

Grow up kiddies, the game is up at least i play fair and openly. You aren't fit to judge anybody by your standards as they don't apply to those from outside of your perceived reality/culture.

Try taking a hopi indian or an australian aborigine to task about his intuition and instinct and dismiss them with your flawed logic and reason.

Bah i don't know why I'm bothering here . You guys don't want to learn and I can't be bothered doing your homework for you. Take a good long hard look in the mirror and see if you can see what I see.

as you were

Physics news on Phys.org
If you don't like the way we run the place, we'd like you to note the door opens from the inside, too.

- Warren

RingoKid, if you still can't see what the objections of Hypno/Tom/Kerrie to your so-called arguments were, then clearly you do not belong here. Apparently you have come to the same conclusion, so there is nothing left to say. Try not to let the door hit you on your way out.

thanks guys...

I was wondering where the butt stops, apparently it doesn't. It just keeps getting passed wind.

In my culture our houses don't have doors. We come and go as we please and we always have the right of reply in the tradition of polynesian oratory. Your considerations have been noted.

The door is opening but not many can see it and in the very near future I think it is you and those like you who are likely on the way out.

...as you were

RingoKid said:
Tom raises a whole bunch of assumptions on the nature of God based on flawed western interpretations equates it to karma in a haphazard fashion to prove karma and God cannot co exist and then Jerry stomps in and closes the thread just when it was looking promising.

I didn't try to prove anything. What I did write was a brief synopsis of the problem of evil, and what karma is according to Buddhism, and why it is entirely unclear that your response answers the question. If the interpretations of god are flawed, then your issue is not with me but rather with the classical problem of evil. It's a standard problem in basic philosophy courses, and it was the topic of that thread.

Bah i don't know why I'm bothering here .

Then don't.

What is "Win an Argument Quickly: Remove the Right of Reply"?

"Win an Argument Quickly: Remove the Right of Reply" is a controversial proposal that suggests removing the right for a person to respond or defend themselves in an argument. This means that only one side would be allowed to present their viewpoint, leading to a quicker resolution of the argument.

What are the potential benefits of removing the right of reply?

Some argue that removing the right of reply could lead to a quicker resolution of an argument, as one person would not be able to prolong the argument by continuously responding. It could also prevent the argument from becoming too personal or heated, as there would be no direct responses to provoke further conflict.

What are the potential drawbacks of removing the right of reply?

On the other hand, removing the right of reply could be seen as unfair or unjust, as it gives one person complete control over the argument and their viewpoint may not be fully representative of the truth. It could also prevent important perspectives and information from being shared, leading to a less informed resolution.

Is there any evidence to support the effectiveness of removing the right of reply?

There is limited research on the effectiveness of removing the right of reply in arguments. Some studies have shown that it can lead to quicker resolutions, but there is also evidence that it can lead to feelings of resentment and unresolved conflict. More research is needed to fully understand the impact of this approach.

What are some alternative strategies for winning an argument quickly?

There are many alternative strategies for winning an argument quickly that do not involve removing the right of reply. These include using active listening and empathy to understand the other person's perspective, setting ground rules for respectful communication, and taking breaks to cool down and reflect on the argument. Ultimately, the goal should be to reach a mutually agreeable resolution rather than simply winning the argument quickly.