What kind of web searcher have Astro installed in his computer?

In summary, Astro used Google, NASA sites, and physicsforums to search for information on Internal Combustion Engines. He found a website from the CSU website and another from Wikipedia.
Clausius2
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Anybody knows what kind of web searcher have Astro installed in his computer?. It's amazing to see how he show cents of links for everything people ask him. An example:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=706681#post706681

My Google is more modest.

Astro, I crown you as the SuperWebSearcherMan over the wide PF world. :!) :biggrin:

The ceremony wil be in your home of San Diego, where you will make a great barbacue for us, and where I will be invited of course. :rolleyes:

Computer science news on Phys.org
I see. :bugeye: :bugeye: !

Well, one of them is from a specific NASA site, one of them is from Wikipedia and one of them is a physics forum thread.

So, the searchers he used were... Wikipedia, physicsforums and he probably had the Nasa URL already, or maybe he googled it.

Seems pretty elementary to me...?

Last edited:
Smurf said:
Well, one of them is from a specific NASA site, one of them is from Wikipedia and one of them is a physics forum thread.

Seems pretty elementary to me...?

Ok. wait, I will try to find better examples. Anyway the fame of Astro is spread all over PF.

Auu I am tired... I have found this one:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=81656

Smurf, maybe it's elementary. And perhaps I have got impressed because I am less than elementary! :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
Clausius2 said:
Auu I am tired... I have found this one:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=81656
Official CSU website. 2nd and 3rd down when googling 'Internal Combustion Engine' (the topic).

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Internal+Combustion+Engine

Looks like he used google for that one.
Smurf, maybe it's elementary. And perhaps I have got impressed because I am less than elementary! :rofl: :rofl:
Nah, I believe you. Astronuc is pretty impressive with his research. but really, you don't need any new-fangled toys to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smurf said:
Nah, I believe you. Astronuc is pretty impressive with his research. but really, you don't need any new-fangled toys to do it.

You know, I have to flatter him a bit in order to get invited to a barbecue in his home of SD when I arrive there. :biggrin: But please don't tell him I said that :rofl: .

hitssquad=SuperWebSearcherMan

Astro, I crown you as the SuperWebSearcherMan over the wide PF world.
:rofl: Thanks for the compliment.

Actually, I think hitssquad might be the superlative Webinfo finder. He manages to find a lot of useful information.

I do look at specific sites (e.g. hyperphysics, mathworld and scienceworld.wolfram.com, . . . ) and many are saved as favorites.

I do use google as smurf mentioned.

I also frequent the NASA sites - which unfortunately seem to change from year to year.

As for San Diego - its my second home. I actually live most of the time north of NY City - that is when I am not on the road.

Yes blah blah blah...

But what about the barbecue? I will arrive on 9th September. I think this thread deserves a meat barbecue for me :biggrin: .

We'll definitely do BBQ, but that depends when I am next in SD, which might not be until October. I'll let you know.

1. What is Astro and why would a web searcher have it installed on their computer?

Astro is a web browser created by the company Astro Labs. It is designed to provide a fast and secure browsing experience for users. Some web searchers may choose to install it as their preferred browser due to its reputation for speed and user-friendly interface.

2. Does Astro have any unique features that make it stand out from other web browsers?

Yes, Astro has several features that make it unique. These include built-in ad and tracker blockers, automatic HTTPS encryption, and a built-in VPN for added security and privacy.

3. Can I use Astro on any device or operating system?

Currently, Astro is only available for download on Windows and MacOS computers. However, there are plans to expand its availability to other devices and operating systems in the near future.

4. Is Astro free to use?

Yes, Astro is completely free to download and use. However, there is a premium version available with additional features such as cloud storage and advanced privacy settings.

5. How does Astro compare to other popular web browsers like Chrome or Firefox?

Astro is a relatively new browser, so it may not have as many features as more established browsers like Chrome or Firefox. However, it is known for its fast and secure browsing experience and is constantly updating and improving its features to compete with other browsers in the market.