What made you smile today?

I've been getting cute texts all day from a sexy redhead. :-)

Evo
Mentor
Getting into rubber band fights :biggrin:

And getting my hair cut, and I had alot of compliments..people are just too nice. I felt pretty, even though I'm not really.
You're getting compliments because people really think you're pretty. You ARE pretty. If I find you being down on yourself again you will be in grave danger of some serious fish induced injuries. :devil:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
It was a good day but unethical people made me cry at the day end

I encountered two!

I) Cheating - Someone tried to persuade me to provide him the answers and he would make sure I get 90s in that course. He wanted me to meet someone at some place etc ... He wasn't clear and I refused before he could tell me the details.
II) Someone else deleted all the material that I had uploaded for helping my class. I had shared that account with all class.

And, I seriously lost faith in people once again! :cry:

It looks like a big mess and I wish I could clean it. (I really don't get why people have to be so unethical and evil)
That's what you think about at the end of the day? Like, think about good things.

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Got my passport all done today! That's good news for today.

I found a sick book that is rare and a friend was looking for it forever.

Just invited a cute girl for lunch, so I'm off for that.

See everyday is filled with plenty of good things and the day has only started!

fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
music and kids, and kids singing music.:smile:

JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
And getting my hair cut, and I had alot of compliments..people are just too nice. I felt pretty, even though I'm not really.
Believe it or not, this is why I am particular about who I compliment. I don't want to compliment someone and then have them turn around and throw it in the can because they're insecure or lack self-esteem.

I just saw a pregnant lady wearing a belt. Its going to make me giggle all day. she had to wear it so high to get over the hump it looked like it would chaff her armpits.

cristo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Today, I saw a Bendy Bus attempting a 3 point turn in the regular width street. Needless to say, it took a very long time!

Borek
Mentor
Sounds like Obelix to me.

http://www.news-press.com/article/20081017/NEWS01/81017034/1002/RSS01 [Broken]
this will put a smile on your face

Last edited by a moderator:
Dropping a dime at the bookstore when I was there with my husband (grabbing coffee, which itself makes me smile). He joked to the cashier that I "dropped the dime"... I handed it to him and then told him I was just giving him more than my two cents worth.

sounds like obelix to me.
exactly!!!!! We don't get asterix and obelix over here, but for some reason I came across a comic book once when I was little and got hooked on them. BTW is it O-belix or AH-belix? The answer could solve a 30 year old fight if I could ever find the girl I had the fight with.

Last edited:
My boyfriend showed me his take home exam and it consisted of 3, 12 page essays on various theories of god... I smiled because it made me happy to be a science student

What is "^" and is there a part of our text or the modules that uses it?
An arts student ...

He seriously asked this question!

My boyfriend showed me his take home exam and it consisted of 3, 12 page essays on various theories of god... I smiled because it made me happy to be a science student
It made me smile too! :biggrin:

You're getting compliments because people really think you're pretty. You ARE pretty. If I find you being down on yourself again you will be in grave danger of some serious fish induced injuries. :devil:
Thanks evo :biggrin: Oh no, I really don't want the wrath of fish upon me!

Believe it or not, this is why I am particular about who I compliment. I don't want to compliment someone and then have them turn around and throw it in the can because they're insecure or lack self-esteem.
It's not that I'm insecure, but I don't want to be known as one of those girls that know they are pretty and throw it in your face. I always seem to get giddy when I get a nice compliment. Plus, I get a real red face! So, I would rather deny it, so I don't look so needy or something...

Thanks evo :biggrin: Oh no, I really don't want the wrath of fish upon me!

It's not that I'm insecure, but I don't want to be known as one of those girls that know they are pretty and throw it in your face. I always seem to get giddy when I get a nice compliment. Plus, I get a real red face! So, I would rather deny it, so I don't look so needy or something...
You are pathetic! :rofl:

I been trying to learn how to reply when I recieve a complement/someone thanks me etc. I usually try not to get into these situations. But most people know that ...

That's what you think about at the end of the day? Like, think about good things.
Both happened at ~ 11:30 PM yesterday. I slept and forgot .. and then came another good day!

It was an ordinary day until I started thinking about things making it a good day. :biggrin:

You are pathetic! :rofl:

I been trying to learn how to reply when I recieve a complement/someone thanks me etc. I usually try not to get into these situations. But most people know that ...
I don't get how I'm pathetic... I said thank you :)

OmCheeto
Gold Member
I was going to cut my throat today after work. (I'm way overworked..)

But I found this thread.

:smile:

Thank you.

I think I can hang on till spring. (which always get's me through the summer.....)

I was going to cut my throat today after work. (I'm way overworked..)

But I found this thread.

:smile:

Thank you.

I think I can hang on till spring. (which always get's me through the summer.....)
This.

I can't remember the last time someone said thank you to me.