What makes the genius?

• Thread starter flippy
  • Start date
Selbstüberschätzug
Hello Everybody...

I like to read what you have written in this and other trades…

On one hand we have got the evident that there are genius people without very high IQs
And on the other 1500 Peoples with high IQs witch haven’t made anything whitch was word to Mention in the Time-Magazine with their lives.

According to this fact. How you can think that IQ-test are important for your scientific capacity?

If you would take your ability to read write: We would find a higher Connection between it and your scientific capabilities…. Even “Exceptional level of ability or talent (what dos this mean???) ,Unstinting energy, Intensely concentrated, sustained interest in what they were doing.” Have more to do with your chance to do well then your IQ.

But is this the definition of a genius? Certainly not: A genus can think better and faster than other people. He is simply stronger, by nature. And because he has thought his hole life he has develop this ability to an outstanding level. But everyone has thoughts in his hole live, so they had all the same chances of exercising in the MAIN_PART_THINKING. (So it hasen’t anything to do with effort or similar things if your ability of thinking is better then the others).

IQ tests can’t test this ability to think, because they have to be standardised all. But all thinking witch has really earned this name is the opposite of any standardising. So you have a fundamental problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
rayne503
All people are able to be intelligent and creative. I think that someone who has developed their abilities in ways others haven't are geniuses. For instance, they've come up with a new invention or thought of something most people haven't. I also agree with what fafalone said.

Selbstüberschätzug
No I’m sorry I don’t think this. There is much more stupidity in this world then wisdom. At list to much for my taste.

I don’t know to what point you want extend your position but I have to say it anyway:

Are there any genius in history witch were limited only of one particular non-main-thinking-skill and were important for history? At lest not the famous ones. One exception is maybe mathematicians but I’m not to shore if Gauss (to give an example) was limited only on his subject.

And I have also to say that’s it is not social at all to think all would be able to the same abilities ether. As a poor you wouldn’t work hard enough. And as a rich you can find out the talents of your child, improve it and later call it genius.

selfAdjoint
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Selbstüberschätzug said:
Are there any genius in history witch were limited only of one particular non-main-thinking-skill and were important for history? At lest not the famous ones. One exception is maybe mathematicians but I’m not to shore if Gauss (to give an example) was limited only on his subject.

If you get outside of science, almost any great artist would qulify. How about Picasso, or Beethoven?

Selbstüberschätzug
Art îf it isen't literature haden'd mad history. Perhaps (in the newer history) the exchange of art.

Last edited by a moderator:
A genius is someone with the will and ability to seek knowledge on a multitude of subjects.

Selbstüberschätzug
Exactly and to reach that goal he will Infest in Main-Part thinking first. Then he finds better ways to seek it. :devil:

Iq !?

"What makes the genius ?"

What is it with this word, you love so much about it?

Genius is a renaissance term. And as pathetic as the period when it comes to the concepts of solving problems in contemporary sense.

It doesn't have a place in this age in any science. It shouldn't.
It is something like wishing there were/are heros. Which would simply be a great sign of a poor civilisation depends on leaders in such an archaic sense that cannot go by a sufficent progress.

There are so much threads about IQ or being a genius here.
It looks like most of the people like to toy with the idea of 'being superior' or at least feeling like it by talking about it.
When I -as an outsider- read generally these threads, it is hard not to think that most of the people posting here is feeling that themselves are among some superiors. I am not writing this to provoke anybody.
It is just, based on one culture. One sided.

Only those which possess insight are geniuses imo.

I don't think much of people who can do math or solve physics problems faster than anyone. I just find them having greater "intelligence".

I actually had a long discussion with a close friend on this exact subject, she believes that there is no such thing as genius.. that people can be smart but genius is just based on the fact that you don't know ennough about the subject, I brought up Einstein and Newton but she said she could see people comming up with that... apparently she started thinking about basics of calclus when she was little but didn't know what it was... she was trying to find the slope on a point on a circle with algerbra for a long time and found pleasure in the deritive this year in Calc BC.

Selbstüberschätzug
- Way doesn’t we need Heroes in our time?
- Honour as an no materialistic value is also in our time useful.
- We need Geniuses and the acceptance that there are differences.
- Einstein’s brain is physically different. (They have stolen and measured it a view years ago)