1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Courses What Math Course is Best Paired with Linear Algebra?

1. Nov 8, 2016 #1
    I'm currently an applied math major. I'm creating a schedule for my next semester and I have the choice to take either complex variables or vector analysis with linear algebra and a college geometry course(elective of choice), but I don't know which pairing will be less stressful. I am currently taking Calc. 3, differential equations, and a mathematical impossibilities course that is mainly discussion based, and I'm finding little difficulty with keeping up with the workload. So in general which of complex variables and vector analysis would be least intensive?

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 8, 2016 #2

jedishrfu

Staff: Mentor

I should think vectors would pair well with linear algebra since so much of vector problem sets comes down to coordinate transformations.

If you look at the description of Linear Algebra you'll notice it works with vector spaces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linear_algebra

4. Nov 10, 2016 #3
    Vector Calculus, Modern Algebra, and Differential Geometry.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted