Why Did I Switch from Biology to Astrophysics?

• Thread starter Leonard Sitongia
  • Start date
In summary, my journey from biology to astrophysics was sparked by a deep curiosity and fascination with the mysteries of the universe. As I delved into the complexities of life through my studies in biology, I found myself drawn to the vastness and complexity of the cosmos. This led me to pursue a new path in astrophysics, where I could use my scientific background to explore the wonders of space and gain a deeper understanding of our place in the universe. Through this journey, I have found a passion for uncovering the secrets of the cosmos and a sense of awe and wonder for the vastness of our universe.
Leonard Sitongia
I've lurked here anonymously for a number of years. Now I have an identity. I'm a person, not a number!

As a kid, I was mostly into biology. I started college in that field. Later, I switched to astronomy. I should have pursued both, but focused on astrophysics and ended up with a masters. My interest is primarily motivated by wanting to understand the universe. That's why the scope of biology on the Earth was too small.

I'm interested in all of modern physics, really. As far as astronomy goes, I'm interested in everything outside of the Solar System.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!