What the spectrum of radiation of stellar objects depends of?

In summary, the conversation discusses the development of a theory on the general origin of all fundamental forces and its practical application to the table of spectra of radiation of stars and fogs. The speaker suggests comparing the results to an existing database and also provides additional resources for further research. They also mention the need to quantify the labels in the table and consider the luminosity-radius-temperature relationship and the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram. The speaker also suggests starting with assuming weak magnetic fields and later exploring variations due to magnetic fields. They also ask for clarification on what is meant by "fogs".
Michael F. Dmitriyev
In the “ Theory development ” forum I develop my theory of a general origin of all fundamental forces. As an example of practical application of this theory I have developed the table of spectra of radiation of stars and fogs in dependence from a value of their magnetic and gravity fields. I ask to compare my results to an existing database and to make the conclusion about conformity.
The table is in the attachment.
Thanks.

Attachments

• the_table.pdf
    34.4 KB · Views: 348
Astronomy news on Phys.org
You will need to quantify the labels in your table, only then would it be possible to make a comparison.

Before you go collecting data on stars, I suggest that you read up about the luminosity-radius-temperature relationship, e.g.:
http://www-astronomy.mps.ohio-state.edu/~depoy/courses/AST162_LECTURE_NOTES/Unit1/hrdiag.html
and the Hertzsprung-Russell diagram, e.g.:
http://cassfos02.ucsd.edu/public/tutorial/HR.html

It will then be a simple exercise to calculate the surface gravity of any star in the H-R diagram; you will then have a gravity-spectrum relationship (the spectrum of a star is a much more detailed description than 'colour').

To begin with, you may assume all stars have 'weak' magnetic fields; once you've done the first stage of the research program I outlined here, you can start looking into variations due to magnetic field.

BTW, what do you mean by 'fogs'?

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is the spectrum of radiation?

The spectrum of radiation refers to the range of electromagnetic radiation emitted by a stellar object, which includes visible light, infrared, ultraviolet, and other forms of energy.

2. What factors affect the spectrum of radiation of stellar objects?

The spectrum of radiation of stellar objects is influenced by several factors, including the temperature, chemical composition, and physical properties of the object.

3. How does the temperature of a stellar object impact its spectrum of radiation?

The temperature of a stellar object plays a crucial role in determining the type and amount of radiation emitted. Higher temperatures lead to shorter wavelengths and a more blue-shifted spectrum, while lower temperatures result in longer wavelengths and a more red-shifted spectrum.

4. Why does the chemical composition of a stellar object affect its spectrum of radiation?

The elements present in a stellar object can absorb or emit specific wavelengths of radiation, creating distinct patterns in the spectrum. For example, the presence of certain elements can create dark lines, known as absorption lines, in the spectrum.

5. How do the physical properties of a stellar object affect its spectrum of radiation?

The size, mass, and age of a stellar object can also impact its spectrum of radiation. For instance, larger and more massive objects tend to emit more radiation across a broader range of wavelengths, while older objects may have a different composition and therefore a different spectrum compared to younger objects.