What type of courses/ education do I need for this project?

In summary: I know right now from the get go, that my design is going to be simple, inexpensive, but I am going to give it that which will make it special. I will give it certain features that will make it very comfortable, exciting, beautiful.I am trying to imagine how I would carry out this project, not exactly building it. The plan I have is to have the necessary background knowledge to know which materials are inexpensive but effective for certain parts of the boat. So my intention is to design the boat, with plans, and 3d computer models, take care of all the measurements, choose the right materials, and choose how it will all go together (screws and bolts, nails, or like Lego bricks,
stargateengineer
Already in my mind I envision designing, and to have produced a unique design of boat. I know right now from the get go, that my design is going to be simple, inexpensive, but I am going to give it that which will make it special. I will give it certain features that will make it very comfortable, exciting, beautiful.

I am trying to imagine how I would carry out this project, not exactly building it. The plan I have is to have the necessary background knowledge to know which materials are inexpensive but effective for certain parts of the boat. So my intention is to design the boat, with plans, and 3d computer models, take care of all the measurements, choose the right materials, and choose how it will all go together (screws and bolts, nails, or like Lego bricks, etc)

Finally, how would I have this boat built? It's a mystery to me who does this kind of job. Is there for example, a custom boat building company that will take all my designs and put it all together?

Perhaps there are different companies that work with different materials and each would play there own role in the process. I would contact the company that specializes in custom built windows, and give them the specifications for the windows I want. Than, there might be a company that specializes in custom fiber glass hulls, etc. etc.

But in conclusion, what types of education and courses teach you how to communicate with the people who have the technology, the means of fabrication, to have them build your unique item, like a boat in this case.
Does this knowledge come already with the "education package" if you will, of learning mechanical engineering?

Physics news on Phys.org
I'd say you need to go to school to be a Naval Architect/Engineer.
Most of your questions will be addressed there, including who builds boats, what materials to use, etc.

stargateengineer said:
Already in my mind I envision designing, and to have produced a unique design of boat.
Boats have probably been around for at least 4000 years, so coming up with a unique design might be a tall order.

Over the years, boats have been constructed of wood, tree bark, skins filled with straw, seal skins wrapped around a wood or bone frame, steel, ferro-concrete, carbon fiber, plastics, and any number of other materials that I haven't thought of.

1) What type of courses should I take to prepare for this project?

To prepare for this project, it would be beneficial to take courses in a variety of subjects, including the specific field of science the project is related to, as well as courses in research methodology, data analysis, and statistics. Additionally, courses in project management and communication may also be helpful.

2) Do I need a specific degree to work on this project?

The specific degree required to work on this project may vary depending on the nature of the project and the specific field of science it is related to. However, a strong foundation in the relevant field of science, along with a degree in a related field such as biology, chemistry, physics, or engineering, may be useful.

3) Are there any specific certifications or training programs that would be beneficial for this project?

Depending on the nature of the project, there may be specific certifications or training programs that could be beneficial. For example, if the project involves working with hazardous materials, a certification in laboratory safety may be necessary. It is important to research the specific requirements for the project to determine if any certifications or training programs are necessary.

4) Are online courses or in-person courses more suitable for preparing for this project?

The suitability of online or in-person courses for preparing for this project may depend on personal learning preferences and the availability of courses in your area. Online courses may offer more flexibility, while in-person courses may provide more hands-on experience and interaction with instructors. It is important to consider which method of learning best suits your needs and goals.

5) How much education is typically required for this type of project?

The amount of education required for a project may vary depending on the specific project and the level of expertise needed. Some projects may only require a bachelor's degree, while others may require a master's or doctoral degree. It is important to research the specific requirements for the project to determine the level of education needed.