What's your greatest physical feat?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physical
In summary: World Cup game against the best team in the world. I was so surprised and happy that I just about jumped out of my skin.In summary, the measure of sport that has most interested and excelled me is soccer.
Borek said:
Not clear to me what 24k (otherwise known as 23k) means. 24 thousands feet up during whole race?

It means that the race is 24 kilometres long.

Physics news on Phys.org
KrisOhn said:
It means that the race is 24 kilometres long.

Can't believe it. Here it would be obvious, but race length measured in km? In US?

Are you sure? :biggrin:

Borek said:

I'm starting to doubt it myself, maybe its a difficulty scale or something :confused:

When I was a teenager I swam for a community recreation center swim team. The team was small, perhaps 20 kids in all from the neighborhood but we competed against large regional teams with surprising success. I swam breaststroke and freestyle (an odd combination) and held the state record in my age group for breaststroke. Our relay team set national records in the 200 meter medley and freestyle relays at the Junior Olympics, where I swam the breaststroke leg in the medley and anchored the freestyle. We were fortunate to have a great coach and a group of motivated kids.

Borek said:
Can't believe it. Here it would be obvious, but race length measured in km? In US?

Yes, kill-o-meters. The most popular rode-race length in the US is the 10k, although most people call it 6.2 miles. Hillarious how many Americans think the the marathon length, 26.2 miles, is also some metric conversion. Evidently, it was arbitrarily stretched thus to end at Buckingham Palace during the 1926 Olympics, in ... um... Paris.

Anyway, moot point on the flowers, I am not critically injured, but I do have a video of me wiping out at the bottom of a descent (mud). Phone is OK (thanks for caring). All the video is blurry for some reason. I'll still post something soon. It looked something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chi Meson said:

I'm looking forward to your video of the race. And that video of the bike race looks amazingly fun; that's more or less what I do with my bike now.

Baccalaureate of Science in Physics :biggrin:

Finding out Energy in Physics is only a measurement, and is incorrectly used by most all... and that pressure is what rules the Universe... you cannot eat, see, smell, hear, or feel without exerting pressure... and for that matter, you cannot pull your pants on without exerting pressure.

raddar said:
Finding out Energy in Physics is only a measurement, and is incorrectly used by most all... and that pressure is what rules the Universe... you cannot eat, see, smell, hear, or feel without exerting pressure... and for that matter, you cannot pull your pants on without exerting pressure.

This is too crackpottish for a scientific part of the forum, and too scientific for the GD. Whatever, welcome to PF and please read forum rules. Judging from the way you favor pressure I guess your favorite fish is an inflated blowfish?

i can remove a woman's bra with one hand.

and i can also tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tounge.

in high school, i was quite popular with the ladies... :)

GammaR4yBurst said:
i can remove a woman's bra with one hand.

and i can also tie a cherry stem in a knot with my tounge.

in high school, i was quite popular with the ladies... :)

Being a good dancer will make you a lot more popular with the ladies than tying a not in a bra with your tongue.

Where are my glasses?

KingNothing said:
Back when I was in high school, I got into olympic-style lifting. My proudest moment was power cleaning over lbs. Mind you, I weighed about 145.

I've been waiting to read -- how many pounds?

Walking to the top of Helvellyn via Striding Edge. Very green, didn't know what I was letting myself in for, but managed it.

http://www.stridingedge.net/Lake%20District%20Features/Striding%20Edge.htm

Walking to the top of Helvellyn via Striding Edge. Very green, didn't know what I was letting myself in for, but managed it.

http://www.stridingedge.net/Lake%20District%20Features/Striding%20Edge.htm