Where have you guys been?

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Why? Did her horoscope say that she'll meet her prince on a white horse exactly in 6 years, or is she in a relationship which will end exactly in 6 years? :biggrin:
I said a couple years ago no boys until after school (~8 years).

But I have since changed my position on the matter. I realized it's going to take me long enough to find such a strange person as it is.

Lisa! said:
accuse me of being a man
:rofl:

You know, I haven't wanted to make my avatar a photo of me because my appearance is not usually relevant to what I am saying. But you just made me realize that maybe I should make it obvious that I am a woman lest people not know that there exist women like me, who enjoy what I enjoy and can do what I can do.

Did you know that Feynman -- a pretty clever fellow -- once said in http://www.fotuva.org/feynman/what_is_science.html" [Broken]:
I listened to a conversation between two girls, and one was explaining that if you want to make a straight line, you see, you go over a certain number to the right for each row you go up--that is, if you go over each time the same amount when you go up a row, you make a straight line--a deep principle of analytic geometry! It went on. I was rather amazed. I didn't realize the female mind was capable of understanding analytic geometry. [my emphasis]
!!!

That was only 40 years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
radou
Homework Helper
But you just made me realize that maybe I should make it obvious that I am a woman lest people not know that there exist women like me, who enjoy what I enjoy and can do what I can do.
Well, what do you enjoy and what can you do? :tongue:

Btw, maybe you should write "I'm a woman." in your signature.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
Well, what do you enjoy and what can you do? :tongue:
The same things that a lot of people do, but evidently I do them in a way that leaves people with false assumptions, which I can't see as being a good thing.
Btw, maybe you should write "I'm a woman." in your signature.
Yes, that is an idea.

radou
Homework Helper
The same things that a lot of people do, but evidently I do them in a way that leaves people with false assumptions, which I can't see as being a good thing.
Doing same things in different ways equals doing different things, in the view of the majority.

And well, regarding the people you care about, you can always correct their assumptions. As for the others, who cares!

Welcome back honestrosewater.

Why did you go missing? Starting to remember yet?

turbo
Gold Member

It's easy! She closed her eyes so we couldn't see her and when she opened them, there we were. :rofl:

honestrosewater
Gold Member

Thanks. Nice to see you again.

I guess it was mostly the boy thing. I did also spend a lot of time learning about and talking to computers, but that probably would have fit quite well with PF.

Lisa!
Gold Member
Did you know that Feynman -- a pretty clever fellow -- once said in http://www.fotuva.org/feynman/what_is_science.html" [Broken]:

!!!

That was only 40 years ago.
Thanks!:smile: That was interesting!

Mk
You know, I haven't wanted to make my avatar a photo of me because my appearance is not usually relevant to what I am saying. But you just made me realize that maybe I should make it obvious that I am a woman lest people not know that there exist women like me, who enjoy what I enjoy and can do what I can do.
So where does your avatar come from on PF? Kinda reminds me of finding a candle in the dark :smile: Boy you sure are popular around here!

Why, thank you. Since when are you in Florida? I thought you lived in Guam.
Yeah, I moved to Florida in September after a few months of traveling.

Last edited:
honestrosewater
Gold Member
So where does your avatar come from on PF? Kinda reminds me of finding a candle in the dark
It's from http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/database/image.asp?id=13831" [Broken] by Gerard Dou. I think it evokes curiosity. Plus, it's pleasant to look at.

I don't mean that my avatar would need to be relevant, just that http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=physical+attractiveness+stereotyping" have shown that a person's physical appearance/attractiveness influences the judgements that some people make about them in other areas, e.g., goodness, intelligence, successfulness, and I would rather not make it a factor either way.

But we can see your picture by clicking on your icon. click click clickc clikc

honestrosewater
Gold Member
But we can see your picture by clicking on your icon. click click clickc clikc
Well, nothing is perfect (including PF's perv filter, apparently :tongue2:).

You probably already know not to take anything I say seriously. That's okay though. I've been called worse things than a perv. I pretty much assume any guy is somewhat perv, until I find out otherwise. I have a sneaking suspicion most women are too, but they play their cards much closer to their chest. I think that's why they always want men to look at their eyes when they speak to them. They don't want to give away their hand.

honestrosewater
Gold Member
You probably already know not to take anything I say seriously. That's okay though. I've been called worse things than a perv. I pretty much assume any guy is somewhat perv, until I find out otherwise. I have a sneaking suspicion most women are too, but they play their cards much closer to their chest. I think that's why they always want men to look at their eyes when they speak to them. They don't want to give away their hand.
Oh, you thought I was referring to you? :biggrin: Ditto on that being serious thing. I'm curious about what those other names were. They might come in handy someday.

Last edited: