Who's ready for some serious (or not so serious) fun and games?

• Thread starter honestrosewater
  • Start date
In summary: If you think the pictures are questionable, I think you should submit them to a PF Admin immediately to...uh...consider their appropriateness.
honestrosewater said:
The pictures that I was talking about are like the ones on http://www.okcupid.com/profile?u=NoseRoseToes" . Heh, it looks quite odd now that I look at it from... this site. It's not a terribly serious depiction of me. I keep having to add more to try to scare away some of the nice innocents who I fear are not prepared for my weirdness.

Ok, so, wow :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Sh!t, woman! Do you even know how much I have missed you? In my fascinating, enviable, hunch-backed and Igor-esque cog sci research assistant life, not a week goes by that I don't come across some tidbit that I wish to share/discuss with you.

Glad to see you, dear pal.

chroot said:
What are you hoping it means? :devil:
Not sure. Do you have a thing for pixie nuns?

Mk said:
Ok, so, wow
You like my nested lists, Mk?

MIH said:
Sh!t, woman! Do you even know how much I have missed you? In my fascinating, enviable, hunch-backed and Igor-esque cog sci research assistant life, not a week goes by that I don't come across some tidbit that I wish to share/discuss with you.

Glad to see you, dear pal.
I was about to write you if you didn't come down here tonight. I missed you tons. I've seen you in the programming section and wanted to ask how school was going, but you seem so busy, and I always end up opting not to disturb you. I do the same when I see a cool linguistics story relating to cog sci or animal communication. I'm glad you're still around. :biggrin:

Yay!

Welcome back, honestrosewater!:smile:

You like my nested lists, Mk?
Oh yes, your sarcasm and cleverness is quite exquisite too :smile:

Lisa! said:
Yay!

Welcome back, honestrosewater!:smile:
Hey, Lisa! Did I hear right, that you might have found your dream man?

Mk said:
Oh yes, your sarcasm and cleverness is quite exquisite too
Why, thank you. Since when are you in Florida? I thought you lived in Guam.

Moonbear said:
He and dduardo disappeared together. I still suspect it has something to do with penguin mating season. :tongue:
I still don't know dduardo is f or m!:tongue:

honestrosewater said:
Hey, Lisa! Did I hear right, that you might have found your dream man?
Sorta!:wink:
Well, my dream man is only good for dreams and it's impossible to live with such a guy because of his attitudes . I've been always sure of that. So my bf can't be exactly like my dream man since he seems to be good for real life but he has a lot in common with my dream man!

BTW, you look very cute!:smile: I saw your pic a few weeks ago when I was cheking your profile .

Lisa! said:
I still don't know dduardo is f or m!:tongue:
We know you look at his pictures all the time, don't lie. :tongue2:
Sorta!:wink:
Well, my dream man is only good for dreams and it's impossible to live with such a guy because of his attitudes . I've been always sure of that. So my bf can't be exactly like my dream man since he seems to be good for real life but he has a lot in common with my dream man!
Haha, good point.
BTW, you look very cute!:smile: I saw your pic a few weeks ago when I was cheking your profile .
Thanks. Tell all the studs you know. :wink:

Lisa! said:

I totally second that. :approve:

honestrosewater said:

Well, after I looked at your profile, I guess it's the same effect as if Lisa! already told someone. :wink:

P.S. btw honestrosewater, for some reason, until now I thought you were a male. :biggrin:

radou said:
P.S. btw honestrosewater, for some reason, until now I thought you were a male. :biggrin:
Thanks. Several people have mistaken me for a man around here. I figure it's because I know everything, which is something a lot of men pretend to do. :tongue2:

honestrosewater said:
Thanks. Several people have mistaken me for a man around here. I figure it's because I know everything, which is something a lot of men pretend to do. :tongue2:

How do I know you're not pretending too, huh? :tongue2:

radou said:
How do I know you're not pretending too, huh? :tongue2:
I'm honest. It says so in my name.

honestrosewater said:

OK, I believe you.

And btw, what's with that sexist men-pretend-to-know-everything comments? :biggrin:

honestrosewater said:
We know you look at his pictures all the time, don't lie. :tongue2:
It didn't help at all though but thankfully your post did!:biggrin:

Other than you, who else knows that??:uhh: :uhh:

hmmm...should I tell them that they have to wait till the next 6 years ?

honestrosewater said:
:rofl:
I thought the same at 1st! You know sometimes people who meet me online accuse me of being a man but I guess that's becuase I'm a bit rude and cold with people whom I don't feel good about them for some reasons!

honestrosewater said:
It also says you're a rosewater!

Lisa! said:
hmmm...should I tell them that they have to wait till the next 6 years ?

Why? Did her horoscope say that she'll meet her prince on a white horse exactly in 6 years, or is she in a relationship which will end exactly in 6 years? :biggrin:

radou said:
Why? Did her horoscope say that she'll meet her prince on a white horse exactly in 6 years, or is she in a relationship which will end exactly in 6 years? :biggrin:
I said a couple years ago no boys until after school (~8 years).

But I have since changed my position on the matter. I realized it's going to take me long enough to find such a strange person as it is.

Lisa! said:
accuse me of being a man
:rofl:

You know, I haven't wanted to make my avatar a photo of me because my appearance is not usually relevant to what I am saying. But you just made me realize that maybe I should make it obvious that I am a woman lest people not know that there exist women like me, who enjoy what I enjoy and can do what I can do.

Did you know that Feynman -- a pretty clever fellow -- once said in http://www.fotuva.org/feynman/what_is_science.html" :
I listened to a conversation between two girls, and one was explaining that if you want to make a straight line, you see, you go over a certain number to the right for each row you go up--that is, if you go over each time the same amount when you go up a row, you make a straight line--a deep principle of analytic geometry! It went on. I was rather amazed. I didn't realize the female mind was capable of understanding analytic geometry. [my emphasis]

!

That was only 40 years ago.

honestrosewater said:
But you just made me realize that maybe I should make it obvious that I am a woman lest people not know that there exist women like me, who enjoy what I enjoy and can do what I can do.

Well, what do you enjoy and what can you do? :tongue:

Btw, maybe you should write "I'm a woman." in your signature.

radou said:
Well, what do you enjoy and what can you do? :tongue:
The same things that a lot of people do, but evidently I do them in a way that leaves people with false assumptions, which I can't see as being a good thing.
Btw, maybe you should write "I'm a woman." in your signature.
Yes, that is an idea.

honestrosewater said:
The same things that a lot of people do, but evidently I do them in a way that leaves people with false assumptions, which I can't see as being a good thing.

Doing same things in different ways equals doing different things, in the view of the majority.

And well, regarding the people you care about, you can always correct their assumptions. As for the others, who cares!

Welcome back honestrosewater.

Why did you go missing? Starting to remember yet?

Huckleberry said:

It's easy! She closed her eyes so we couldn't see her and when she opened them, there we were. :rofl:

Huckleberry said:

Thanks. Nice to see you again.

I guess it was mostly the boy thing. I did also spend a lot of time learning about and talking to computers, but that probably would have fit quite well with PF.

honestrosewater said:
Did you know that Feynman -- a pretty clever fellow -- once said in http://www.fotuva.org/feynman/what_is_science.html" :

!

That was only 40 years ago.
Thanks!:smile: That was interesting!

honestrosewater said:
You know, I haven't wanted to make my avatar a photo of me because my appearance is not usually relevant to what I am saying. But you just made me realize that maybe I should make it obvious that I am a woman lest people not know that there exist women like me, who enjoy what I enjoy and can do what I can do.

So where does your avatar come from on PF? Kinda reminds me of finding a candle in the dark :smile: Boy you sure are popular around here!

Why, thank you. Since when are you in Florida? I thought you lived in Guam.
Yeah, I moved to Florida in September after a few months of traveling.

Last edited:
Mk said:
So where does your avatar come from on PF? Kinda reminds me of finding a candle in the dark
It's from http://www.artrenewal.org/asp/database/image.asp?id=13831" by Gerard Dou. I think it evokes curiosity. Plus, it's pleasant to look at.

I don't mean that my avatar would need to be relevant, just that http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=physical+attractiveness+stereotyping" have shown that a person's physical appearance/attractiveness influences the judgements that some people make about them in other areas, e.g., goodness, intelligence, successfulness, and I would rather not make it a factor either way.

But we can see your picture by clicking on your icon. click click clickc clikc

Huckleberry said:
But we can see your picture by clicking on your icon. click click clickc clikc
Well, nothing is perfect (including PF's perv filter, apparently :tongue2:).

You probably already know not to take anything I say seriously. That's okay though. I've been called worse things than a perv. I pretty much assume any guy is somewhat perv, until I find out otherwise. I have a sneaking suspicion most women are too, but they play their cards much closer to their chest. I think that's why they always want men to look at their eyes when they speak to them. They don't want to give away their hand.

Huckleberry said:
You probably already know not to take anything I say seriously. That's okay though. I've been called worse things than a perv. I pretty much assume any guy is somewhat perv, until I find out otherwise. I have a sneaking suspicion most women are too, but they play their cards much closer to their chest. I think that's why they always want men to look at their eyes when they speak to them. They don't want to give away their hand.
Oh, you thought I was referring to you? :biggrin: Ditto on that being serious thing. I'm curious about what those other names were. They might come in handy someday.

Last edited: