Where is sum of divergent series used in physics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Sinisa
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello everyone!

My question is:

Where is sum of divergent series and divergent integrals used in physics? What it all means? Where can I find examples of divergent integrals? Is there a book of problems for physicists?

I am mathematician. I developed a method for summing divergent series and determines the value of divergent integrals. I am fascinated by the time they have the application in physics. What is the point of it all? How to interpret all physicists? Also looking for examples of divergent integrals to challenge that method. So far I've found three examples that I have tested in the work.

Thanx.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Divergent integrals appear frequently in quantum field theory.

Note that the discussion of personal theories is against the forum rules. And vixra is a very bad idea if you want to be taken seriously.
 
Ok. Thanx. My questions still stand.
 
Last edited: