Here you have two more examples:
First
For this circuit from KCL
I3 = I1 + I2
(Va - 4V)/6Ω = (10V - Va)/10Ω + (6V - Va)/4Ω
And after solve this I get
Va -> 190/31 = 6.12903226V
Second
And again form KCL
(-I1) + (-I2) + (-I3) = 0
Or
- I1 - I2 - I3 = 0
So know all current flow outward (away) from the node.
So this assume that voltage at node Va should be at higher potential.
And current flow from + to - , I assume that if current entering into a node I give him " +"
and current that come out form the node I give "-".
But you can choose whatever you won't but you must be consistent in your choice
So I can write:
-(Va - 10V)/10Ω - (Va - 6V)/4Ω - (Va - 4V)/6Ω = 0
And again the answer is exactly the same
Va -> 190/31 = 6.12903226V
And maybe another example for this diagram I choose
But I also can assume that if current flow out from the node I give a "+" sign.
I1 + I2 + I3 = 0 ( no current entering the node).
Since all current flow out from the node the Va node should be at higher potential.
(Va - 10V)/10Ω + (Va - 6V)/4Ω + (Va - 4V)/6Ω = 0
And the answer is
Va -> 190/31 = 6.12903226V What a surprise