Which sub-forum would be suitable for asking Q. related to rockets?

In summary, the best sub-forum to ask questions about rockets would be a forum specifically dedicated to space exploration or rocketry. While you may get some responses in a general science forum, it is best to ask questions about rockets in a forum that is specifically focused on space exploration or rocketry. There are also sub-forums specifically for amateur rocket enthusiasts that you can join and engage with others who share your interest. It is not appropriate to ask questions about rocket science in a forum for science fiction fans, as it is best to ask in a forum dedicated to real-life space exploration and rocketry. Similarly, while some physics discussion forums may have knowledgeable members on the topic of rocket propulsion, it is best to ask your questions in a forum
Hall
If I need to ask doubts about very basics of rockets and satellites, for example about what basically Ramjet and Scramjet are, which sub-forum should be suitable.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hall said:
If I need to ask doubts about very basics of rockets and satellites, for example about what basically Ramjet and Scramjet are, which sub-forum should be suitable.
I would go with https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/aerospace-engineering.288/ The search bar is very useful when you want to refine your question also.

Likes russ_watters and Hall

What is the purpose of sub-forums?

Sub-forums are created to organize discussions and topics into specific categories, making it easier for users to find and participate in conversations that are relevant to their interests.

What are the different types of sub-forums?

There are various types of sub-forums, such as general discussion forums, technical support forums, product review forums, and many more. Each sub-forum serves a specific purpose and has its own set of guidelines and rules.

Which sub-forum would be suitable for asking questions related to rockets?

The sub-forum that would be suitable for asking questions related to rockets would be a science or technology forum, specifically one that focuses on space exploration or engineering. This type of forum would have members who are knowledgeable and interested in the topic and can provide valuable insights and answers.

Can I ask questions in multiple sub-forums?

It is generally not recommended to ask the same question in multiple sub-forums as it can lead to duplication of answers and confusion. It is best to choose the most relevant sub-forum for your question and stick to that one.

What should I consider before posting a question in a sub-forum?

Before posting a question in a sub-forum, it is important to read the forum's guidelines and rules to ensure that your question is appropriate and follows the community's standards. It is also helpful to search for similar questions that have already been asked and answered to avoid duplication.