Find Out Who You Look Like - MyHeritage.com

• Thread starter Janus
  • Start date
In summary, My Heritage.com allows users to compare their faces to celebrities. In both of my attempts, I was matched with Jean-Louis Trintignant, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise (bwaaakkk), and Sarah Michelle Gellar. The best match was for me to be Sophie Marceau. My 20-something photo also matched Denzel Washington, Yoko Ono, Anna Kournikova, Tom Cruise, and Demi Moore.
Janus
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Ever been told that you look like someone famous?
Now here's the chance to find out if its true.

If you upload a picture to http://www.MyHeritage.com" , it has a face recognition program that will match the face(s) in the picture to celebrities.

I played around with it last night and it's a lot of fun. I also found out that, in my younger days, I was apparently a cross between Clark Gable, Cary Grant, and Tom Cruise. (Though later in life, after I grew a beard, I resembled President Grant and George Lucas)

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have tried two different frontal pictures of my face. The names that pop up in both cases (around 60% resemblance) are Jean-Louis Trintignant, Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise (bwaaakkk)

marlon

ohh, yes and the best score (IN BOTH CASES) is Sarah Michelle Gellar...

Ohh yessssss

marlon

first try - Christina Aguilera :bugeye: ... I might just leave it at that. Probably just means generic blonde, sadly.

Steve Vai (dunno who that is), Robert Oppenheimer, Sharon Stone (I can live with that I guess), and Lindsay Lohan(I'm going to go shoot myself after that last one).

OMG, the first match that comes up is Indian! :eek:
My face looks like that of Madhuri Dixit, must be a past-lives thing :redface:

Second Sophie Marceau, third Liv Tyler.

I got sly stalone, J. Depp, the guy from american pie, and a whole buncha ppl I never heard of. I think if stalone and the guy from american pie had a retard kid, that would be me.

Hmm...my 20-something photo matches Denzel Washington, Yoko Ono, Anna Kournikova, Tom Cruise, and Demi Moore.

Aether said:
Hmm...my 20-something photo matches Denzel Washington, Yoko Ono, Anna Kournikova, Tom Cruise, and Demi Moore.

I need a *boogle* smileu

Monique said:
third Liv Tyler.

Ooh la la! :-p

68% of me looks like Terry Pratchett.

Albert Hofmann (61%)
Ozzy Osbourne (50%)
Lee Strasberg (49%)

Tigran Petrosian (64%)

http://www.chessbase-magazin.de/Nachrichten/Bilder/2002petrosian55.jpg

sly stallone (64%)
http://www.wallsoffame.com/assets/images/SLY_STALLONEa.jpg

Theodor Heuss (54%) -Ehhh...not really
http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs13/theodorheuss.jpg

Aretha Franklin (53%) WHAT? Thats -53%.

Johnny Depp (53%), no not really.

Jason Biggs (51%) That should be the thrid from the list, def above Aretha or Johnny.

http://www.abc-du-gratuit.net/images_stars/jason_biggs.jpg

I guess I do look like him...damn.

A. E. van Vogt (51%), more like -51%. But he wrote science fiction books, so that's kinda neat I guess.

Alec Guiness (67%)

Also Sarah Michelle Gellar, Tarjer whassname, and Cliff Burton, among others.

Bah.

Et.

Damon Hill, Jacques Rogge, Claude Simon (who are they?)

Fourth on the list is the first person I recognize: Clint Eastwood.

I also look like Ian Thorpe, Edward Said, Sophie Marceau?, Koreen Kapoor?, and Charlton Heston.

I don't think so.

Billy Bob Thornton.. Jodie Foster! ... Ozzy Ozborn... Danny Devito.. Leo Tolstoy... Alan Alda... Lou Reed

It never occurred to me that the names on that list resembled each other so how I could I look like them?

Two blondes walking down the street find a compact. One opens it up looks in the mirror and says "This face reminds me of somebody" her friend takes the mirror off her looks at it and says "Of course it does you stupid dumbass it's me!"

Integral said:
Billy Bob Thornton.. Jodie Foster! ... Ozzy Ozborn... Danny Devito.. Leo Tolstoy... Alan Alda... Lou Reed

My full list by descending order:

Tim Robbins
Julio Iglesias
Robert Palmer
Penelope Cruz ??
Clark Gable
Cary Grant
Richard Nixon
Ewan McGregor
Mikhail Gorbachev (must be that tattoo of Albania on my forehead.)
Tom Cruise.

So, if you can imagine all those people merged into one, you've got a good idea of what I look like.:smile:

It never occurred to me that the names on that list resembled each other so how I could I look like them?

The program probably looks for common features; Jaw line, eye shape etc. and make the "matches" according to how many individual features compare favorably. So you might share some features with certain people on your list and totally different ones with others.

It also seems that your facial expressions can alter your results. I used two different photos, one in which I was smiling and one in which I wasn't, and got two different lists. (The other included such notables as Steve Martin and Bud Abbot.)

I did the same for my father and Bing Crosby came up on both lists.
For my wife it was Meryl Streep in both cases.
Wynona Ryder came up for my daughter. (and she says that people have told her that she does resemble her.)

Fay Wray came up for both my wife and daughter (family traits?)

I always thought you looked like Santa Claus Integral. I think Santa vacations in Oregon during the off season.

Julie Christie
Brigitte Bardot
Bipasha Basu ??
Zhang Ziyi ??
Rani Mukhurjee ?
Grace Kelly
Daniel Radcliffe :smile: Harry Potter
Audrey Hepburn
Mick Jagger :smile: :smile:
Ava Gardner

I tried it with several different photos and got completely different results each time, so I wouldn't trust it. In person, I've been told by several people that I look like George Harrison (and one person said Matthew Broderick).

Are you saying that I don't look like Mick Jagger?

Evo said:
Are you saying that I don't look like Mick Jagger?

I don't have any particularly high-resolution photos, so maybe that's the problem. It did successfully identify two of the four in this picture:

http://qonos.princeton.edu/nbond/Four_small.JPG

Zhang Ziyi is currently one of the top Chinese actresses. There is some controversy about her role as a 'geisha' girl in the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha". The movie has been banned in China.

I probably look like Gandalf, but 25-30 years ago, people thought I looked like Jesus. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Barbara Streisand and Bette Midler. :

Yeah, I could see that spacetiger. :biggrin:

space.JPG

cyrusabdollahi said:
Yeah, I could see that spacetiger.

I'm not sure what would have been better, getting with Mia Sara or singing "Twist and Shout" on a parade float. :biggrin:

John Lennon and Martina Navritalova

I look like the following people:

Enrico Caruso, Brad Pitt, Ewan McGregor, Milton Friedman, Celia Cruz, Olav V of Norway, Andy Rodick, Wayan Gretzky, Orlando Bloom, Alyson Hannigan

Astronuc said:
Zhang Ziyi is currently one of the top Chinese actresses. There is some controversy about her role as a 'geisha' girl in the movie "Memoirs of a Geisha". The movie has been banned in China.

I probably look like Gandalf, but 25-30 years ago, people thought I looked like Jesus. :biggrin:
have you seen Memoirs of a Geisha? I really liked it.
you didn't look like Jesus a few years ago. You looked like that guy that locked the Brady Bunch in the jail when they went to the Grand Canyon.

It said I looked like Sofia Coppola, which is OK with me, because I think shee-za one spicey meatball!

I can't use it...it doesn't work with my browser. :frown:

Oh, wait, tried my other browser and it worked!

My top match Lise Meitner 55%. Interesting: http://www.sdsc.edu/ScienceWomen/meitner.html
(I really do see the resemblence there too!)

Victoria de los Angeles 51%

Susan Sontag 48%

Rani Mukherjee 45%

Sharon Stone 44% (Hmm...yeah, I think I really see the resemblance there :biggrin:)

Among the men:
Liam Neeson 47%
Michel Faucalt 47%
George Harrison 47%
John Ashcroft 45% :eek:
Jefferson Davis 44%:smile: How funny!

Last edited:
I got Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Him:

http://www.jcferrero.friko.pl/pocz.jpg

Me:

IMG_0064.jpg

John Ashcroft 45%

LOL! After all this hub-bub in the Politics Forum, that is hilarious!

Dude, nice Tee! You look like a younger krab.

I get wildly varying results, but apparently I look sort of like a cross between Keanu Reeves (my girlfriend says: yeah right!) and John Travolta. Maybe with a dash of Cate Blanchett.

One of the pictures I uploaded happened to have a human skull in it, and the skull came up as a match for Kiefer Sutherland! :smile: