Who lives on the west coast, USA?

• Thread starter Smurf
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Usa
In summary: I can't believe you actually went off and looked for a news article for thatI can't believe you actually went off and looked for a news article for thatWhy? It only takes a few seconds, and we're talking about Fresno...
Smurf
Because I'm planning my Summer vacation and I'll probably be going through parts of the states on my way to Mexico.

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh god, someone kill me.

Ooh Pengwuino! I'm going to track you down and show up on your doorstep this summer!

Pengwuino said:
Oh god, someone kill me.

:rofl: :rofl:

Relax...Fresno is conservative enough that I don't Smurf would go anywhere near it.

Townsend said:
Relax...Fresno is conservative enough that I don't Smurf would go anywhere near it.

Conservative enough? Have you seen our crime rates? Speaking of which...

Townsend said:
If I can handle uptown Nanaimo I'm sure I can handle a puny town called "Fresno".

Smurf said:
Ooh Pengwuino! I'm going to track you down and show up on your doorstep this summer!

Perhaps I spoke too soon...

If he shows up at your door just hog tie him and drop him off NAS Lemoore and say he a Marine Crops. deserter...

It'll take them at least a few hours before they figure out who he really is and in the mean time he can get a real nice crash course on military bearing..:devil:

You guys are so mean...

Smurf said:
You guys are so mean...

That really hurts me Smurf...

I don't think I'm really all that mean...I call it "tuff love."

Smurf said:
Because I'm planning my Summer vacation and I'll probably be going through parts of the states on my way to Mexico.

On a serious note, where are you going to in Mexico?

I'm going to spend some time in mexico city and then in Chiapas, and then probably go down to Nicuragua and maybe spend some time in Panama.

Hi smurf =oP
Ole Buddy, I'm in San Diego, but I just don't get the feeling you would want to go out for coffee. hahahaha

What part of Mexico are you going to? Also, why not check out the little page on pf that has everyone's locations?

chaos_5 said:
Hi smurf =oP
Ole Buddy, I'm in San Diego, but I just don't get the feeling you would want to go out for coffee. hahahaha
How did you know I don't drink coffee?

mattmns said:
What part of Mexico are you going to? Also, why not check out the little page on pf that has everyone's locations?
Too lazy? Easier if I just make a public thread.

Well I am in New Mexico, but I don't know if you would be coming that far, and if I want to talk to you :tongue2:

mattmns said:
Well I am in New Mexico, but I don't know if you would be coming that far, and if I want to talk to you :tongue2:
Pffft, you know you do. Don't lie.

Don't come near the Zoobie Brush Shelter:
http://frazettaartgallery.com/ff/bio/1960/neanderthal.jpeg

Nope, staying in this Century all summer unfortunately. But I'll make plans to come visit you sometime after I graduate.

Smurf said:

If you're coming down the I-5 through Oregon, let me know and if possible I'll meet you and buy lunch or dinner.

And I'll shoot out your tires!

Ivan Seeking said:
If you're coming down the I-5 through Oregon, let me know and if possible I'll meet you and buy lunch or dinner.
Good. I'll need as many free meals as I can get. :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
And I'll shoot out your tires!

You live in Fresno? No wonder you have such a bad attitude. :biggrin:

I used to hang out in Fresno with my cousins from time to time, and we often went duck hunting at the dikes near Mendota. I think the average summer temp in Fresno is what, about 135F?

Ivan Seeking said:
You live in Fresno? No wonder you have such a bad attitude. :biggrin:
So you don't think I should go visit him either?

Ivan Seeking said:
I think the average summer temp in Fresno is what, about 135F?

Yah, that's about right. We really don't know what the hell you people are complaining about with global warming.

Smurf said:
So you don't think I should go visit him either?

I don't think you want to go to Fresno. :biggrin:

My cousin calls it "the armpit of California".

And no, the city doesn't smell.

Pengwuino said:
My cousin calls it "the armpit of California".
And no, the city doesn't smell.
In case you missed this...
... Researchers say the [San Joaquin] valley has some of the most polluted air in the nation.[continued]
http://www.montereyherald.com/mld/montereyherald/news/12712033.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
Yah it has the 3rd most polluted air but it doesn't smell bad

I can't believe you actually went off and looked for a news article for that

Pengwuino said:
Yah it has the 3rd most polluted air but it doesn't smell bad

I can't believe you actually went off and looked for a news article for that

Why? It only takes a few seconds, and we're talking about Fresno...

Really the Fresno tude is an old family joke.

I don't know Smurf,

I'm on the West Coast and I'd love to treat you to lunch... On the other hand, it would be kind of (marginally) strange.

Also we'll be traveling a lot next summer, including a three week stint in GB. So there's a good chance we won't be here when you're coming through.

If TSA and LYN and a few other Los Angeles area people want to get together for sushi or some such, let me know. I'd be more than happy to come drink and eat raw fish with a group of PF'ers, even though I'd be the old fogey in the group.

Are there any other female Los Angeles PF participants?

Swerve is my roommate, and we're both originally from the LA area, but neither of us currently lives there. She will be returning for Christmas, and I might but I'm not certain of that. Her family lives in Long Beach, and mine in Whittier.

Chances are, I'll still be up here during the summer. So smurf, if you take the US-101 when you get to California, which is the coastal freeway (don't take the I-5 through cow country, you'll regret it), you're welcome to stop by when you get to Santa Rosa. I live about 5 minutes from the freeway. Are you seriously planning to drive all the way down to Nicarauga?

pattylou said:
If TSA and LYN and a few other Los Angeles area people want to get together for sushi or some such, let me know. I'd be more than happy to come drink and eat raw fish with a group of PF'ers, even though I'd be the old fogey in the group.
Are there any other female Los Angeles PF participants?
I'm near Santa Monica, and I think I might be older than you! :smile:

Hmmmmmmm... I'll make sure to be out of town ;) :biggrin:

loseyourname said:
Are you seriously planning to drive all the way down to Nicarauga?
I'm going to be using mainly greyhound. But I havn't planned for sure yet.