Who was your first ever crush on?

• Thread starter hbk4894
  • Start date
In summary: How sad! That was the first and also the last kiss you both had for each other but a long lasting one. Maybe forever, you'll not be able to forget her.
hbk4894
my first crush was on a girl who i went to primary school with , she was a really pretty girl , liked her in Year 6 and Year 7 then went off her a bit.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think that it was a turtle. Either that or a soup bowl turned upside down. She didn't move much, so it was hard to tell.

Last edited:
Likes davenn and jedishrfu
Mine was MathIsHard.

Likes drizzle
Lol V50.

My first grade teacher in Gasville, Ark.:cool:, then the little redhaired girl in Mountian Home, Ark. (3rd grade) 1950 we were reprimanded by the preacher for holding hands while seated on the front row pew.:eek::)

Likes Astronuc and edward
RonL said:
My first grade teacher in Gasville, Ark.:cool:, then the little redhaired girl in Mountian Home, Ark. (3rd grade) 1950 we were reprimanded by the preacher for holding hands while seated on the front row pew.:eek::)
Oh my that's too little too soon. :DD

Likes RonL
Silicon Waffle said:

Absolutely! Nothing should ever be done before 1967, and then go for it all.

Likes RonL
Danger said:
Absolutely! Nothing should ever be done before 1967, and then go for it all.
:DD

BTW, I don't know if people might have second, third or more crushes on others after their first crush. I find myself almost loveless (that is I don't seem to have a feel of love for anyone anymore). Do I need a surgical operation ? :DD

Silicon Waffle said:

BTW, I don't know if people might have second, third or more crushes on others after their first crush. I find myself almost loveless (that is I don't seem to have a feel of love for anyone anymore). Do I need a surgical operation ? :DD

No. You are perfect like that.

Silicon Waffle said:

Yea. They should have been praised instead.

dlgoff said:
Yea. They should have been praised instead.
He should have started holding hands with a boy, then they'd really freak out and bring the girl back over.

Katarina

zoki85 said:
Katarina
this one ?

katarina sreckovic
katarina-sreckovic.jpg

Likes Jacob Griffin, zoki85 and dlgoff
RonL said:
:bow::bugeye::)):w:) She's pretty!

yup !

Don't think she would have any interest in a balding, grey haired, 55yo with a pot belly like me ;)

Likes moriheru
davenn said:
yup !

Don't think she would have any interest in a balding, grey haired, 55yo with a pot belly like me ;)
You just never knowo_O I've witnessed some really surprising pairs in my lifetime o0):D

Likes dlgoff and davenn
davenn said:
this one ?
katarina sreckovic
Of course, that's my Katarina:D

Likes davenn
If we're going by people we might have only seen on the telly, then it was Sophie Marceau after my adolescent eyes saw her in Braveheart. A bit later I saw Kieślowski's Red and The Double Life of Véronique, and... well. Sophie had to go.

There's a saying I have heard for many years, "be careful what you wish for, you might really get it" :D

RonL said:
There's a saying I have heard for many years, "be careful what you wish for, you might really get it" :D
Hey, Come on over! :oldcool:

Likes RonL
Medicol said:
Hey, Come on over! :oldcool:

It's going to take a lot more than that, guys don't ring my bell :eek::) when I was younger (between marriages) I dated a woman for a few months, that would give the Katarina above some very serious competition, it was kinda like swimming through shark infested waters with a chum bag attached to your body. :rolleyes::) The definition of "high maintenance" is something anyone should understand very well, unless they are uber-wealthy :D

Likes edward and Medicol
RonL said:
... it was kinda like swimming through shark infested waters with a chum bag attached to your body. :rolleyes::)
RonL said:
The definition of "high maintenance" is something anyone should understand very well, unless they are uber-wealthy :D
:nb) Could that be more explained ? :)

Medicol said:
:nb) Could that be more explained ? :)
Sometimes women (or men) require large sums of money in order to maintain the feel and looks of being so beautiful. :)

RonL said:
Sometimes women (or men) require large sums of money in order to maintain the feel and looks of being so beautiful. :)
The buyer is being whipped.
So passionate!

Medicol said:
The buyer is being whipped.
So passionate!
Is that you as a kid?

zoki85 said:
Is that you as a kid?

Man, I was the grumpy lady! :D

A girl named Angela when I was attending North Gate elementary in Seattle. We had our first kiss together then I moved back to Alaska.

Pythagorean said:
A girl named Angela when I was attending North Gate elementary in Seattle. We had our first kiss together then I moved back to Alaska.
How sad! That was the first and also the last kiss you both had for each other but a long lasting one. Maybe forever, you'll not be able to forget her.

1. Who was your first ever crush on?

As a scientist, I have never had a "crush" in the traditional sense. My focus and passion have always been on my work and research.

2. Have you ever had a romantic interest in anyone?

My work as a scientist requires a great deal of time and dedication, leaving little room for romantic relationships. However, I do have deep admiration and respect for my colleagues and mentors.

3. Is it important for scientists to have personal relationships and crushes?

While personal relationships can provide emotional support and balance for scientists, it is not a requirement for success in the field. Many scientists find fulfillment in their work and do not feel the need for romantic relationships.

4. Do you think having a crush on someone can affect a scientist's work?

Everyone's experiences and emotions are unique, so it is possible that having a crush on someone could affect a scientist's work. However, it ultimately depends on the individual and their ability to manage their emotions and priorities.

5. Have you ever had a crush on a fellow scientist or colleague?

As previously mentioned, my focus and passion have always been on my work and research. I have great respect for my colleagues, but I have never had a "crush" on anyone in the traditional sense.