Why do I now have 618 posts? 8128 is a perfect number of posts to have...

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Counting
In summary, some areas in the Lounge count towards post numbers and may have caused the increase in posts for the individual. The concept of pi was mentioned as a stopping point, with the alternative option of pursuing the value of tau. The idea of selling extra posts to newbies was also brought up. It was noted that some users may be hesitant to make more posts due to reaching a certain number. There was also a mention of subforums being rearranged and possibly affecting post counts. Overall, there was a suggestion to aim for a higher number of posts and a joking remark about the number 8128 being a perfect number to have.
tribdog
I stopped posting outside of general discussion when I hit 314 posts. I figured pi was a cool number to stop at and I knew I wasnt going to hit Avagadro's, so why do I now have 618 posts?

Physics news on Phys.org
Some areas in the Lounge count towards post numbers. Perhaps you've been using them?

Make 10 more and you got [tex]\tau[/tex]... It's way better than pi anyways...

micromass said:
Make 10 more and you got [tex]\tau[/tex]... It's way better than pi anyways...
Twice as good!

Trib! Dude, we missed ya!

Nice to see you again!:smile:

PS: You can sell your extra posts to newbies:biggrin:

Lisa! said:
Nice to see you again!:smile:

PS: You can sell your extra posts to newbies:biggrin:

It seems trib is reluctant to make more posts.
I guess he's afraid he'll go over 628! :biggrin:

Greg had rearranged the subforums in the Lounge and GD, as well as creating new ones -- this might have been a year ago. Existing threads got moved among subforums under the new layout, and some of those subforums count towards your post count. Long story short: previous posts of yours that were not counted may now be included in the post count number.

p.s. pi is not equal to three hundred and fourteen anyway, so fuh-geddaboudit :smile:

Just means you ought to get back here and start working on four digits instead of settling for three.

if you guys would just count general disscussion I'd have at least 10000.

8128 is a perfect number of posts to have...

1. What does "Who's been counting posts?" mean?

"Who's been counting posts?" refers to the question of who has been keeping track of the number of posts that have been made on a certain platform or website. This could refer to social media posts, blog posts, or any other type of online content.

2. Why is it important to know who's been counting posts?

Knowing who has been counting posts can be important for a few reasons. It can give insight into the popularity and engagement of a certain platform or website. It can also help identify any discrepancies or errors in the post count, which can impact the credibility of the content.

3. How is post counting typically done?

Post counting is typically done through automated tools or algorithms that track and record the number of posts made on a platform. This can also be done manually by individuals or teams responsible for managing the platform or website.

4. Can anyone see the post count on a website or platform?

This depends on the platform and its settings. Some platforms may display the post count publicly for all users to see, while others may only show it to the owner or administrators of the platform. Some platforms may also have the option to hide the post count altogether.

5. What are the potential implications of inaccurate post counts?

Inaccurate post counts can have various implications depending on the purpose of the platform. For example, on a social media platform, inaccurate post counts can impact the perceived popularity and credibility of a user or influencer. Inaccurate post counts on a blog or news website can also affect the trustworthiness of the content and the website as a whole.