Why empirical science rules out a god.

In summary, the conversation revolves around the topic of belief in a God and the arguments for and against it. The speaker finds it amusing that the arguments against a divine creator are often based on empirical evidence, such as quantum mechanics and relativity theory. They question why the existence of a creator cannot coexist with scientific theories. They also mention the lack of open-mindedness in discussions on this topic and wonder why there cannot be a modern concept of God. The conversation is closed due to the forum's policy of not discussing religious questions.
david2
Hi,

are there people here who believe in a God?

Personally I find it very funny that the arguments against a devine creator are often empirical evidence.

people say that in reality it goes like this and that so there is no god.(quantum mechanics, ,special and general relativity theory and what not)

they say for instance that everything came from nothing. Why does that mean there is no room for a creator?

I have seen a lot of discussions on youtube about this topic and I think they do not listen to each other.

what god means for example.

why can't there be a modern god?

Don't forget 99 percent of all people believe in a higher being.Are they all wrong?

excuse my english. i hope this thread doesn't get locked.

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, but we do not discuss religious questions on PF for many reasons.

Thread closed.

1. What is empirical science?

Empirical science is a scientific approach that relies on observation, evidence, and experimentation to understand and explain natural phenomena.

2. How does empirical science rule out a god?

Empirical science does not necessarily rule out the existence of a god or any other supernatural entity. However, it does not rely on supernatural explanations and instead seeks to understand the natural world through evidence and experimentation.

3. Can empirical science provide evidence for the existence of a god?

No, empirical science cannot provide evidence for the existence of a god as it does not use supernatural explanations or rely on faith-based beliefs. Empirical science only deals with natural phenomena that can be observed and tested.

4. Are there any limitations to empirical science in understanding the existence of a god?

Empirical science is limited in its ability to understand and explain supernatural phenomena, including the existence of a god. This is because empirical science relies on natural explanations and evidence, while the concept of a god is often considered to be beyond the realm of natural understanding.

5. Is empirical science compatible with religion and belief in a god?

Some people believe that empirical science and religion can coexist, while others see them as conflicting beliefs. Empirical science deals with the natural world and does not involve faith or belief in a god, while religion often involves belief in a higher power or deity. Ultimately, the compatibility of empirical science and religion is a matter of personal belief and perspective.