Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Why? (thermodynamics)so easy

1. Feb 27, 2007 #1
    In thermodynamics every reverse transformation (transfer, conversion) is a balanced transformation but are every balance transformation is reverse and why?:rolleyes: :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 27, 2007 #2
    I dont understand what is a 'balance transformation' or 'reverse transformation'?

4. Feb 27, 2007 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I suspect that "reverse transformation" means "reversible process." Maybe "balanced transformation" means "quasistatic process"?

5. Mar 2, 2007 #4
    In thermodynamics every reverse transformation (transfer, conversion,reversible process) is a balanced transformation but are every balance transformation is reverse and why?
    and this not a home work

6. Mar 2, 2007 #5

FredGarvin

Science Advisor

If I am understanding your question (which I may not be)...You can have a non-reversible process but still must have a conservation of energy. The quality of the balance depends on one's ability to account for the losses in an irreversible system.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook