Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,780 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Uffff

First time I have enough presence of mind to actually make a late guess for more information rather than blindly go for the word

Wordle 441 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Wordle 444 X/6
I wasted too many attempts in the first 3. No room for "unlucky" towards the end.

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu and Orodruin
Wordle 444 6/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 … I can think of 5 remaining possibilities
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜ … ruled out three
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 … 50/50
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and fresh_42
Orodruin said:
...
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩 … I can think of 5 remaining possibilities
...

Wordle 444 1/6

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Thanks! There are only 55 Wordle solutions possible that follow from your clue, so I found the one that had the highest probability of getting the most letters on the first guess. Kind of cheating. But still, I had only 1 in 55 chances of getting it right on the first guess. Whoop! Whoop!
 
Last edited:
Wrichik Basu said:
Wordle 444 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
This is why I find "hard" mode a bit silly. After the 3rd guess you are left to random chance whether or not you can solve it whereas you would have guessed something further away from the solution you would still have had ample of room to discard other letters. Therefore, making a guess close to the solution can be bad in "hard" mode which makes little sense to me. Getting close to the solution should be a good thing.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu
Wordle 444 4/6

🟦⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟧🟦⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ this eliminated a whole lot of possibilities
🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark and Wrichik Basu