Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,782 replies · 460K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1,295 3/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ [LANCE] 14 left
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬› [DRIPT] filter - 2 left: RELAX RELAY
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [RELAX] most probable (less technical, more "feely")

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 49/29 - 62.8%/37.2%

Orodruin said:
Wordle 1 295 2/6

πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Is your seed word ALERT? If so, I get the five remaining words: BALER PALER RELAX RELAY RENAL. How did you select the correct answer? Any of the first four words would have given the same odds.
 
jack action said:
Is your seed word ALERT? If so, I get the five remaining words: BALER PALER RELAX RELAY RENAL. How did you select the correct answer? Any of the first four words would have given the same odds.
Luck … and being correctly incorrect (it was late and I failed to recognize that BALER and PALER would also differentiate RENAL, which left RELAX and RELAY as equivalent best options).

In the end a 1 in 5 is not that improbable.
 
OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,296 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
I do it, but I have a hard time using a second word that I know is incorrect. Getting it in two feels so good.
 
Wordle 1 297 3/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›
πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Fun fact: Scoredle would have had the same second guess as I had (but a different first) and solved in 4.
 
Wordle 1,297 2/6

🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜ GRAIN
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

It's been a long time since I got it in two. I had to choose between RIGID and SPRIG, got lucky
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, edwardII, OmCheeto and 1 other person
Wordle 1 298 2/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This word was not in the list I have been using historically for the first time. I got it in 2 as the only matching word from the full list of 14855 words by virtue of all the ones from my historical list being either excluded or already used (APTLY and ATOLL) …
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action, OmCheeto and edwardII
Wordle 1 299 2/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Kaching! Second two-twos-in-a-row in less than a week. (1294-1295, 1298-1299)

This one was definitely luck. I picked one of two guaranteed filters among four remaining possibilities.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto, jack action and edwardII
Wordle 1,299 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬› [SLAIN] 33 left
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬› [DRECK] filter - 2 left: DRAFT DRAMA
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [DRAFT] most probable because of the F, which is one of the least used letters

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 50/29 - 63.3%/36.7%