Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game
- Thread starter fresh_42
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 459K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,387 3/6




[ARISE] 12 left




[CLAIM] possible answer + filter - 1 left




[VILLA]
- 22,832
- 14,880
Interesting. I played PLAIN here. CLAIM got severely punished by the fact that it was listed twice in my set of possible solutions for some reason.jack action said:[CLAIM] possible answer + filter - 1 left
edwardII
- 1
- 803
Wordle 1,387 4/6




















Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
My program suggested CLAMP. Looking through the possible answers, I found that CLAIM would be close enough and decided to wing it.Orodruin said:Interesting. I played PLAIN here. CLAIM got severely punished by the fact that it was listed twice in my set of possible solutions for some reason.
I was losing the P for three words — PIZZA, PLAID, and PLAIN — but the last two had the same middle letter arrangement as CLAIM. Plus, I could easily identify two words with an M — MAFIA, MANIC — and three others with a C — CABIN, CACTI, CAVIL (and MANIC again). I contemplated PLAIN for a while, but I did not find [intuitively] the P and the N to be as helpful.
- 22,832
- 14,880
Information wise, they were equivalent. Had I not has a duplicate in the list their score would have been tiedjack action said:My program suggested CLAMP. Looking through the possible answers, I found that CLAIM would be close enough and decided to wing it.
I was losing the P for three words — PIZZA, PLAID, and PLAIN — but the last two had the same middle letter arrangement as CLAIM. Plus, I could easily identify two words with an M — MAFIA, MANIC — and three others with a C — CABIN, CACTI, CAVIL (and MANIC again). I contemplated PLAIN for a while, but I did not find [intuitively] the P and the N to be as helpful.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,388 4/6




YEAST 47




LADEN 4




BHANG 1





Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,388 4/6




[ARISE] 30 left




[GLINT] filter - 4 left: FECAL FELLA HAZEL LEACH




[LEACH] filter - 1 left




[HAZEL]
- 22,832
- 14,880
I made a minor update to my sheet. After entering the result of the day and removing the solution from the available word list, the sheet will now first rank the remaining words based upon how many times its letters appear among the remaining words (only counting unique letters to avoid things like MELEE ...). It then computes the expected remaining entropy for using the top 8 ones as seed and reports the results. This will tell me if there is ever a need to switch seed because the word pool has changed.
Here is the current list:
ARISE is still going strong, but SANER has unexpectedly made some headway and is now surpassing AROSE.
Here is the current list:
ARISE is still going strong, but SANER has unexpectedly made some headway and is now surpassing AROSE.
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
I evaluate them every day, and it is in that order most of the time. AROSE very rarely surpasses SANER. Here is my current list (before today's puzzle), long enough to cover all your top 8 (starred):Orodruin said:ARISE is still going strong, but SANER has unexpectedly made some headway and is now surpassing AROSE.
Code:
3862.85156890896918324066 arise *
3937.75082809237794768011 saner *
3981.12601797272318357204 arose *
3994.14348926573530923438 least *
4016.56347439043584775312 later *
4050.80517740493989999284 siren
4057.20684663117430858211 parse
4094.46022369776849418334 suite
4104.00006619908480497652 rinse
4108.67042513870040574147 leant
4112.97260068974329077072 roast
4154.96503180170756616140 sonar
4166.33954598402884241540 paler
4178.74407090985604950358 caste
4180.57832719655648548726 renal *
4182.79647267920557232341 steal *
4184.07662861775905586884 spare
4189.05259875710669270640 trial
4193.09646728633886950545 slain
4197.29715414373783809395 dealt
4200.47149765421053480410 snore
4201.85833649016147880499 salon
4202.06659772223064318134 slide
4207.82769308733742538087 paste
4211.76900290561743199304 shale
4216.80686872592693461017 sauce
4219.51964166335178358335 plier
4226.60457258212252257253 slant
4226.96098441278024131522 satin
4232.15150709750107582386 lance
4244.08011753865363604157 plane
4244.63898143896284017821 glare
4245.15859957800025535041 tried
4247.17239025441510322886 slime
4248.72132263633807259833 tripe
4250.11566368397158836947 aider
4266.42989969689150731154 tread
4271.77328140546517288684 tenor
4275.23240250203260511520 tamer
4280.74049610062999781488 cleat
4283.83292987458541709361 nurse
4283.88209422974851245953 arson
4284.84487562627907930273 baler
4286.76747738681566909252 yeast
4294.03916906983119883191 urine
4299.42197986686600841388 relay *
Ref.: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/wordle-lovers-play-the-nyt-daily-game.1016903/post-7240676
edwardII
- 1
- 803
Wordle 1,388 5/6

























sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Ech.
Wordle 1,388 6/6*






























Wordle 1,388 6/6*
- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 1 389 2/6










All too easy
All too easy
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,389 2/6




SANER 1




SPARE
I concur.Orodruin said:All too easy
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,389 2/6




[ARISE] 1 left




[SPARE]

martinbn said:Wordle 1,389 5/6
![]()
In the last 7 games you played, you only found one in 3 guesses. Today, three people are getting it in 2, while you have it in 5. Are you impressed now?martinbn said:Also getting it with three guesses if you are using aids is not so impressive anymore.
edwardII
- 1
- 803
Lucky guess, there were about five words that fit doing it by the seat of my pants.

Wordle 1,389 3/6















Wordle 1,389 3/6
- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 1 390 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,390 3/6




STEAL 2




TREAD 1 Chosen with random number generator




WHEAT
So close to back to back '2's!
So close to back to back '2's!
- 22,832
- 14,880
Reminds me of my ”golden week” back at the end of last year. Two back-to-back 2s in the same week. It was crazy (and before the spreadsheet!)OmCheeto said:So close to back to back '2's!
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,390 3/6




[ARISE] 29 left




[GLINT] filter - 1 left




[WHEAT]
edwardII
- 1
- 803
Wordle 1,390 3/6















- 22,832
- 14,880
Wordle 1 391 3/6















OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,663
Wordle 1,391 3/6




SIREN 27




TUMOR 1




TURBO
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Wordle 1,391 4/6




[ARISE] 29 left




[YOUTH] filter - 2 left: TUMOR TURBO




[TUMOR] most probable (Tough one: one is too negative, but they almost never used technical terms)




[TURBOTechnical term, it is!
most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 70/40 - 63.6%/36.4%
most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 70/40 - 63.6%/36.4%
Last edited by a moderator:
sbrothy
Gold Member
- 1,896
- 1,548
Wordle 1,391 4/6*



















