Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 458K views
sbrothy said:
What list does it use? My cheater program (which I don't use as it's just too much hassle uses the Scrabble CSW (The English version with > 200.000 words, although it of course ignores any word with more or less than 5 letters).

EDIT: Writing the program was more fun than actually using it. I'm also not sure which of all the versions I have lying around actually works: WordleCheater (Sourceforge)
They use an expanding list based on the original list provided by the couple that created the game. The original list was about 2300 solution words drawn from a list of around 13,000 legitimate guess words. While I haven't seen any official count of current solution words, my guesstimate is around 3200. I've only managed to collect 143 of the new words, as the Wordlebot only tells them to me sparingly, and I've not figured out a decent algorithm to numerically extract them.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Time flies it seems like only yesterday that I got it in two.

Wordle 1,462 2/6

🟩🟩⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and jack action
Wordle 1,463 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟩 SNORE 42
⬛⬛⬛🟨🟩 UTILE 4
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 via random number generator. Woo Hoo!
 
Wordle 1.463 3/6*

⬛🟨🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-06-21 17-22-47.webp
 
Wordle 1,464 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ [ARISE] 27 left
⬛⬛🟨🟨🟨 [YOUTH] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [THRUM]

OmCheeto said:
Wordle 1,464 3/6

⬛🟨⬛⬛⬛ ARIEL 34
⬛⬛🟨🟨🟨 YOUTH 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 Never heard of this word.
Almost twins!
 
Wordle 1,467 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [ARISE] 66 left
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩 [LOUSY] filter - 10 left: BOBBY COMFY DODGY DOWDY DOWNY MOODY POPPY TODDY WOODY WOOZY
⬛🟩⬛⬛🟩 [DOWDY] filter - 3 left: BOBBY COMFY POPPY - worst possible scenario
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [COMFY] most probable ... but pretty close to pure luck.

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 84/55 - 60.4%/39.6%
 
Used my cheater program but I set it to use regular expressions and I'm not as good at those as I thought, so it didn't really help...

Ended up with this as my last command:

./main -l5 -w./csw.txt '[^chawrtod]{2}ain'

... and still it was a guess.

Wordle 1.469 4/6*

⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-06-27 21-27-16.webp
 
sbrothy said:
Used my cheater program but I set it to use regular expressions and I'm not as good at those as I thought, so it didn't really help...

Ended up with this as my last command:

./main -l5 -w./csw.txt '[^chawrtod]{2}ain'

... and still it was a guess.

Wordle 1.469 4/6*

⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩⬛
⬛⬛🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩


EDIT:

Had trouble writing a regex which would match if the word contained a specific letter at any position, but came up with this:

./main -l5 -w./csw.txt '.*u{1}.*'

This will match any 5 letter word with U in it. Just have to incorporate an exception for the place I know the letter isn't. As I said, I wasn't as fluent in regular expressions as I initially thought. I'd like to say I'm getting rusty but I think I was never strong in regex's.

EDIT: Was meant to be an edit but pressed POST. Sorry.
 
Last edited:
Down to the last try and only one word left. ?:)

Wordle 1,470 6/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟨
🟩🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩