Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,778 replies · 459K views
Wordle 1,422 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨ AROSE 18
πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› DEVON 1 Orod/Om hybrid method
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Had to look up the word after I guessed it. A very "heurestic" approach. :smile:

Wordle 1,422 5/6*

β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-05-11 12-50-19.webp
 
Wordle 1,422 5/6

β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ [ARISE] 50 left
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [TONAL] filter - 4 left: BOWEL DOWEL HOVEL VOWEL
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [VOWEL] filter - 2 left
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [BOWEL] I shouldn't have picked this one, I don't know what I was thinking
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [DOWEL]
 
Wordle 1 423 3/6

β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ¨
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

This is the 100th game of the sheet-assisted play. Results are currently at:
2: 19
3: 54
4: 27
which of course also are the percentages… mean is 3.08 with a standard deviation of 0.68.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and OmCheeto
Wordle 1,423 2/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨ PARSE 1
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

While my seed left only 1 solution, it would have been 15 had I not kept track of already played words. I don't remember ever seeing a ratio like that in the past.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jack action and edwardII
It seems my "MO" has outlived it's usefulness.

Wordle 1,424 5/6*

β¬›πŸŸ¨πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
πŸŸ¨β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Screenshot from 2025-05-13 12-46-26.webp
 
jack action said:
Wordle 1,424 3/6

πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ© [ARISE] 4 left: AGREE AZURE ADORE AWARE
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬› [WOOZY] filter - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [AWARE]
Methinks you forgot to flip a switch. Your seed left only one answer in augment mode.
 
OmCheeto said:
Methinks you forgot to flip a switch. Your seed left only one answer in augment mode.
:doh:

That's why I couldn't choose between them: they all look like possible answers because they were all already chosen answers.
 
OmCheeto said:
Methinks you forgot to flip a switch. Your seed left only one answer in augment mode.
As seen in post #6942 …
 
I'm not quite sure how I did that. :cool:

Wordle 1,425 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wordle 1 425 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

There were still 11 left after second guess. BONGO was the best filter …
 
Wordle 1,426 3/6

β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ© PALER 14
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ©β¬› GYTES 2
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 chosen with random number generator

Don't let my low score fool you.
According to my records, this is the 2nd worst game ever, where 26% of the people globally did not solve the puzzle.
27% of the people solved it in 6 guesses.
21% solved it in 5 guesses
15% solved it in 4
8% solved it in 3
2% solved it in 2

Orodruin said:
Wordle 1 425 3/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

There were still 11 left after second guess. BONGO was the best filter …

Thanks! Your spoiler pointed out a bug in my software, as BONGO was NOT the best filter when I replayed your game: ARISE, MOUTH(?), BONGO