Wordle Lovers - Play the NYT Daily Game

  • Thread starter Thread starter fresh_42
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Game
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
8,782 replies · 460K views
Wordle 1,304 4/6

β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wordle 1 306 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Orodruin said:
Wordle 1 305 3/6

πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›β¬›β¬›
β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬›β¬›πŸŸ¨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Yes, the same two seed words. Same pattern, but this time only one left.
 
jack action said:
2 left: FANCY KNACK
So how do we count most probable when both words appear in consecutive Wordles? πŸ˜‚
 
jack action said:
FANCY always comes before KNACK. Isn't it clear? :rolleyes::wink:
I was seriously considering whether or not there was a bug that somehow FANCY was repeated two days in a row since my patterns were exactly the same … it took me about 5 minutes of agonizing before I actually went with KNACK
 
Wordle 1.307 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Completely forgot I was playing this game with you fellas...
Screenshot_20250116-101607.jpg
 
Wordle 1,307 5/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ [AROSE] 89 left
β¬›πŸŸ©β¬›πŸŸ¨β¬› [ULYIE] filter - 7 left: BLIND BLINK BLITZ CLIFF CLINK FLINT GLINT
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©β¬› [BLINK] possible answer + filter - 2 left
β¬›πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ©πŸŸ© [GLINT] most probable - 1 left
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 [FLINT]

most-probable method count update (Success/Fail): 52/30 - 63.4%/36.6%
 
I had to eliminate half of the alphabet to get it. :smile: :smile:

Wordle 1,307 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
 
Out of curiosity and because I used a filter from the extended list, I looked at today's bot assessment of my answer. Its response (bold is mine) to that filter might be interesting to those who try to divine how the bot is programmed.

Excellent choice. CORNU is one of the most efficient guesses in this situation. (I’m limited to more familiar words in suggestions to readers.) And you’ve narrowed it down to one possible solution. You should solve the puzzle on your next turn.
 
Wordle 1,308 2/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜🟨 STRIP
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 PROSE

without peeking at the lists
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, jack action and OmCheeto