Work Done by Trainer & Gravity on Feraligatr

In summary, a feraligatr weighing 310 kg slides down a 30-degree incline at Rainbow Valley and is pushed by its trainer to keep it from accelerating. The trainer exerts a force of approximately 1500 N and does work of 4600 N on the feraligatr. The work done by gravity is equal to the weight of the feraligatr multiplied by the vertical distance it slides. Neglecting friction, the net work done on the feraligatr is equal to the work done by the applied force.
Chillitsphysics

Homework Statement

A 310-kg feraligatr slides 3.0m down a 30∘incline at Rainbow Valley and is kept from accelerating by his trainer who is pushing on the feraligatr's back parallel to the incline.

Express all your answers using two significant figures.
a Howw much force does the trainer exert?

How much work does the trainer do on her feraligatr?

What is the work done by the force of gravity?

What is the net work done on the feraligatr if friction is ignored?

Express your answer using two significant figures.

Homework Equations

W = fd
Fnet

The Attempt at a Solution

well i did net force for the first part which resulted me into drawing a fbd and I got Applied force which is the trainer minus feraligator which becomes applied force - mgsin30 which got me 1500N which i initially got wrong because of the calculator
second part i did
1500*d which is 4600 N (f=fd)
which then got me confused on part c which i don't understand what does it mean force of gravity
i don't know how net work works and friction wasnt given in the first place

Physics news on Phys.org
The animal has dropped by 3.sin 30° metres so it has lost some gravitational P.E. But its speed has not changed, so it has neither lost nor gained K.E. So the P.E. it lost has reappeared as work done somewhere, and we see this has been in opposing the push of the trainer as it moved along the slide. So the work done by gravity is equal to the weight of the animal x the vertical distance gravity pulled it.

We neglect friction here.

1. What is work done by a trainer and gravity on Feraligatr?

The work done by a trainer and gravity on Feraligatr refers to the amount of energy required to move the Pokémon in a specific direction against the force of gravity. This could include activities such as jumping, swimming, or climbing.

2. How is work done by a trainer and gravity calculated?

The work done by a trainer and gravity is calculated by multiplying the force applied by the distance moved in the direction of the force. This can be expressed as W = F x d, where W is work, F is force, and d is distance.

3. What factors affect the work done by a trainer and gravity on Feraligatr?

The work done by a trainer and gravity on Feraligatr can be affected by various factors such as the weight and size of the Pokémon, the distance it needs to be moved, and the force applied by the trainer. Other factors like the terrain and the Pokémon's abilities may also play a role.

4. How does work done by a trainer and gravity impact Feraligatr's performance?

The work done by a trainer and gravity can have a significant impact on Feraligatr's performance. If the work is too strenuous, it can cause fatigue and affect the Pokémon's ability to battle effectively. On the other hand, if the work is done in a controlled manner, it can help improve the Pokémon's strength and endurance.

5. Can Feraligatr's work done by a trainer and gravity be improved?

Yes, Feraligatr's work done by a trainer and gravity can be improved through training and conditioning. By gradually increasing the intensity and duration of the work, the Pokémon's strength and stamina can be increased. Proper nutrition and rest are also essential for improving work done by a trainer and gravity in Feraligatr.