Wow, scammers are getting lazy

• Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date
In summary: So, the scammers are using a bank in China, and the Chinese are now doing the same to Australia !I work in a bank in HongKong. I want to consummate a legitimate transaction of USD38,591,595:00Please email me on chinwonngg1@mail.kz for final update.ChinIn summary, the conversation includes a person receiving a suspicious email involving a potential scam. They mention that the scammers are getting lazy and the email itself is not very well-crafted. Another person then shares a news article about a real estate scam in Australia, where the scammer was emailing from Nigeria and using a bank in China. The original email mentions a person working in a bank in
Pengwuino
Gold Member
I got this email in my inbox. God con-artists are getting LAZY these days.

I work in a bank in HongKong. I want to consummate a legitimate transaction of USD38,591,595:00
Please email me on chinwonngg1@mail.kz for final update.
Chin

Wow... I had to put more work into marking it as spam than they did making it!

And yes, that was the WHOLE email.

Physics news on Phys.org
You should ask Chin what that converts to in payments of krill. I'd like to know.

Actually - it caught your attention, so it wasn't that bad.

Pengwuino said:
I got this email in my inbox. God con-artists are getting LAZY these days.

Wow... I had to put more work into marking it as spam than they did making it!

And yes, that was the WHOLE email.

I object to being called lazy.:grumpy::biggrin:

Last edited:
Meanwhile, on the other end of the scale, Nigerian scammers have been a little busier;

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/12/3009457.htm

This is the 1st incident of it's kind in this country (Australia). Perhaps the world ?

One house gone, and another of the same owners on the way !

The article doesn't mention Nigeria I think, but more comprehensive reports elsewhere confirm that the scammer was emailing from Nigeria, instructing real estate agents and solicitors from there, and using a bank in China !

1. Why do you think scammers are getting lazy?

There are a few potential reasons for this. One is that scamming has become more widespread and therefore more competitive, so scammers may be cutting corners to try and stay ahead. Another possibility is that scammers are relying on automated systems or templates to carry out their scams, which can make them appear lazy. Lastly, scammers may simply be looking for quick and easy ways to make money, and being lazy may seem like the most efficient option for them.

2. Are scammers becoming less successful due to being lazy?

It's difficult to say for sure, as there are many factors that can affect a scammer's success. However, it's possible that some scammers may be losing potential victims due to their laziness and lack of effort in carrying out their scams. Additionally, as more people become aware of common scamming tactics, it may become harder for scammers to successfully deceive individuals.

3. How can we protect ourselves from lazy scammers?

The best way to protect ourselves from scammers, whether they are lazy or not, is to educate ourselves about common scamming tactics and red flags to look out for. We should also be cautious when giving out personal information or money to anyone we don't know or trust. Additionally, using secure passwords and regularly checking our financial accounts for any suspicious activity can also help prevent falling victim to scams.

4. Is there anything we can do to stop lazy scammers?

One way to potentially stop scammers, including lazy ones, is to report them to the appropriate authorities. This can help raise awareness about their tactics and potentially lead to their arrest and prosecution. We can also help educate others about scams and how to avoid them, as well as supporting organizations that work to combat scamming.

5. Is it possible for scammers to become less lazy in the future?

It's certainly possible for scammers to become more sophisticated and less lazy in their tactics, especially as technology continues to advance. However, as long as there is money to be made through scams, there will likely always be some lazy scammers looking for the easiest and quickest way to deceive people. It's important for us to continue to be vigilant and educate ourselves about scams in order to protect ourselves and others.