Xmas Eve Boredom: Listening to YouTube & Writing on PF

In summary, NuclearGirl is bored and has more interesting things to do than spend time chatting. Astro is bored and has more interesting things to do than spend time chatting. Evo is bored and is on a cleaning binge. Proton is not bored. Rhody is bored. Berkeman has the cleanest Christmas tree ornaments on his block. Lisa is bored. Turbo is not bored.
NG,

My daughter had a similar incident with her laptop, as long as the water was just a spray you should be fine, but if it gets between the hinges and the top cover, if can short the display and mother of all boards. I would wipe it carefully power it off then tip it forward toward you and hit it with a hairdryer carefully on low, low heat for about 5 minutes. Hope you didn't toast it like we did. hehe.

Rhody... :wink:

Physics news on Phys.org
in addition to powering down, i'd make sure it's unplugged and also take out the battery first.

Proton Soup said:
in addition to powering down, i'd make sure it's unplugged and also take out the battery first.
And if it's a 20 oz mug of scalding hot coffee with cream and sugar, just kiss it goodbye.

Evo said:
And if it's a 20 oz mug of scalding hot coffee with cream and sugar, just kiss it goodbye.
Again, make sure it's unplugged and also take out the battery first before kissing it. :biggrin:

I'm sick. Being sick is boring.

Math Is Hard said:
I'm sick. Being sick is boring.

Ditto.

nucleargirl said:
lol thanks guys :) computer seems ok! yay.
just rediscovered this song... I loved it so much when it first came out... the brightest song ever :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2TwP2_Pxs&feature=related
video is rubbish, ignore that. For anyone who is bored.

This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment. It is not available in your country.

oh dear, sorry the song was Len - steal my sunshine :)

:) happy... somehow when you're happy you're not bored! even if you are not doing anything... the happiness makes time fun...